What's new

I finally spent more than 50 bucks on a straight

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
So I've accumulated quite the pile of pretty rare stones, but until last night had never spent more than 50 bucks on a straight (except for the feather SS) I love my vintage bokers, but have really been wanting a bigger blade, and a good looker as well. So last night I won this guy. I have been watching this seller pretty close, and all his feedback and recent similar items that have sold have checked out so I went for it. I've never had anything this big or nice before so I'm pretty excited to give it a go. I honestly don't expect it to shave any better than my red injun, but we'll see!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 271
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 270

David

Thanks guys. @Heritage1- sorry man...I was really hoping I wasn't bidding against anyone here, but I think it's inevitable really. Thank you for the well wishes.

Nice Dorko! I find I like the big blades. 6-7/8ths is probably ideal for me, but I do like to break out my 8/8 Friodur once or twice a week. I haven't tried anything larger than that, though.

David

Thanks Os, Brian, Frank and Matt. Yeah it wasn't cheap, but I've been watching these NOS 7/8 Dorkos sell over the past month in the 460 range, so I was pretty pleased to get this one for 250. Now the wait begins!

Yeah that's a hell of a deal on that beauty. Most of the ones on eBay are too fancy for my liking. Love the simpleness of the gold wash. Congrats on the score. It will be an amazing shaver, I miss my Dorko's now.

I was pretty pleased to get this one for 250
We're not supposed to do price appraisals here (for good reason), but I think that was pretty good for what you got :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one of those, but I know, I just know, that I would love it. Congrats and may the two of you be very happy together for a very long time.

Wow. That's a very nice razor, Dave. Congrats on your score. Let us know when it arrives and how it shaves.

Looks like a NOS razor, you'll still need to strop the hell out of her, to make her perform to your liking, with no talking back to you.
I got the same razor for myself. On linen side of strop, went with green (ex-fine) dry paste block, 25 licks, then on leather (English Bridal) side, did another 25 to make her listen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom