What's new

Hero blue-black

Just went to re-up my supply on this Monday. I placed an order on the bay and received a notice that it is sold out. It looks like this stuff is going away for now any way (unless you want to have it shipped from Hong Kong) Maybe it can be had from somewhere other than the bay, but I'm not having any luck.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
... sold out. It looks like this stuff is going away for now any way (unless you want to have it shipped from Hong Kong) Maybe it can be had from somewhere other than the bay, but I'm not having any luck.

That's a pity, such a great value.

Enjoying some today.

here's a pic. i soaked the bottom part in water
$20140922_122144.jpg

It's definitely waterproof. I don't know if it's considered "bulletproof" (unable to be removed with bleach, solvents, etc.), but is certainly permanent enough for normal non-critical uses.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
An old thread, but it does contain some useful information on the 232 (blue black) ink, so I thought I would add my question here.

Does anyone else find that the flow stop if it is left uncapped and unused for about a minute?

I didn't have this concern when using Quink in the same pen (Pelikan M205), but am having to twist the plunger just a little to get the pen re-started with the Hero ink if I forget to cover the nib when not in constant use.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a bottle ... probably got it in response to this thread ... but haven’t opened it yet. I’m still working my way through my samples mostly, and my go-to ink bottle right mow is the ESS iron gall (very good, btw)

Top Bottom