What's new

I'm not a pen guy.

No zebra is the name of the pens which I used in the military but dunno how the fountain will be but for 4 bucks I might just take the risk lol

I hated the Zebra fountain pen and quickly tossed it.

The pilot Metro is 10 times the pen. No make that 20 times.

$51TDWzgOelL._SL1500_.jpg
Parker Urban Premium

on sale for the next hour and a half at amazon.

Last edited:
Here's what's possible with a stock Platinum #3776 Soft Fine nib. Leigh named it one of her "Pens of 2012," I think. It's not an inexpensive pen, but it's possible to find a good deal on them once in a while.

-Andy

[video=vimeo;69146653]http://vimeo.com/69146653[/video]

I'm curious if the (auction site) Platinum 3776's for under $100 are fakes, or an older model, or what . . . same for the maki-e ones . . .

Here's what's possible with a stock Platinum #3776 Soft Fine nib. Leigh named it one of her "Pens of 2012," I think. It's not an inexpensive pen, but it's possible to find a good deal on them once in a while.

-Andy

Thanks for posting Andy. I already have the UEF, but now I want the soft fine too, and I thought I was finished buying fountain pens......

I'm curious if the (auction site) Platinum 3776's for under $100 are fakes, or an older model, or what . . . same for the maki-e ones . . .

Regarding the 3776's, the sub-$80 pens are the older model. The $84 pens are the newer model. Pretty sure that's a reputable seller. Those are a steal! No idea about the maki-e pens.

-Andy

I wasn't a pen guy either until Andy converted me. The good news is I spend a lot less on shaving stuff now. Did you know that pens take up less space too.

Top Bottom