What's new

Omega 49 Rehandled

My Omega 49 Boar was not getting a lot of soap time, so an idea formed.

A re-handle in antler to complement my Ator straight, so beautifully re-scaled by UKRob, for me, seemed like a good plan.

I couldn't resist the odd pin or two:001_rolle

I finished it this morning, so it's not had a trial run yet, but it feels good in the hand.

It may well see a fair bit of soap time in the near future.

Steve.

That looks great! And matched to the handles of your SR makes it look even better!

I've never liked Omega brushes, and my main complaint with them is the handles.
They are cheap and ugly, and not worthy of holding a pretty good knot.

I'm glad to see someone take the effort to upgrade the handle and make an Omega knot into a work of art.

That looks great! And matched to the handles of your SR makes it look even better!

I've never liked Omega brushes, and my main complaint with them is the handles.
They are cheap and ugly, and not worthy of holding a pretty good knot.

I'm glad to see someone take the effort to upgrade the handle and make an Omega knot into a work of art.

Many thanks, and I have to agree re the Omega handles.

It is the only Boar that I have, so, hopefully, will get some use now.

Steve.

Very nice! It looks fabulous paired with your straight.

What did you do to get the knot out of the old handle?

Very nice! It looks fabulous paired with your straight.

What did you do to get the knot out of the old handle?

Glad that you like it.

Removing the knot was a case of splitting the handle. I put the base of it in a vice, and tightened up the vice until the handle split. Very easy to do, the handle being hollow, taking about two minutes.

Steve.

Removing the knot was a case of splitting the handle. I put the base of it in a vice, and tightened up the vice until the handle split. Very easy to do, the handle being hollow, taking about two minutes.
Hmmmm ... that's a good idea. I was thinking that you pried it out with a screwdriver, but cracking the handle is much better. And those Omega handles are so thin and flimsy to begin with, it must not take any pressure at all.

The pair look great! What ype of saw did you use for the scales? They look fabulous.

As you will see from the second sentence in my opening post, I did not do the re-scale, so I can not say what type of saw was used.

Steve.

Top Bottom