What's new

It really is a disease.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
There is great joy in "unboxing" new finds but then you finally realize that that don't really vary in the quality of shaves from razor to razor. I am a firm believer that the Swedish razors are the finest but there are many who would suggest that Solingen, Sheffield, French, American, and Japanese are the finest. There really is no easy way out of the scenario except to exhaust your funds until you find what you are attracted to. I would suggest in using the same razor for days, weeks, etc on end and really familiarizing yourself with it's utility. You might find that a simple unadorned basic razor will produce the exact same results as a blingy expensive one. I wish I knew what triggered the constant search in our brains for ultimate straight razor satisfaction. I've not toatlly quelled that pinging from my lobe to suggest what I currently had was as good as it gets.

That's recreational use. Not yet a full blown addiction.

Clinton taking a "puff" and not inhaling vs. Keith Richards.

I have one nice razor. I'm set.

While I'd love to have more: I don't see a need.

The missus is asking me to toss my WD now that I have the nice one... I'm only holding on to it as I want to use it as a tool to learn to hone.

@mycarver, that is seriously one beautiful collection. Folks if you think you have it bad, you need to see his collection. I'll leave it to him if he wants to link it but it'll blow your mind.

Nope I have no disease. I just like razors. some of these people are nuts though. :w00t:

Nope I have no disease. I just like razors. some of these people are nuts though. :w00t:

At least no one drove me nuts, I went there on my own. :blink: I love razors too. As far a addiction, I prefer to consider myself an "enthusiast". Yep that's about right.....:thumbup1:

I said in another post and I'll repeat it again.
These things are steel potato chips ( or peanuts) . You can't stop at one.

An enthusiast? Yes, I like the ring of that! Proponent, advocate , and having a strong affinity for them works too.

Last edited:
Hmmm, just found a Grelot floating around the studio last night and put
it to work. Now if I could just remember where it goes ,,,,,,
Hehehe.

Hmmm, just found a Grelot floating around the studio last night and put
it to work. Now if I could just remember where it goes ,,,,,,
Hehehe.

Hahah that one is a 14 AND a legrelot

Anybody want some nice razors, just hang out in front of mycarver's mailbox for 1 hr

I was able to stop buying vintage DEs and cull the herd to five favorites.

Today I bought my first vintage straight (not counting the Weck Sextoblade). What's a "practical" number of straights to own?

It's whatever you're comfortable with. Could be one. Could be a 7 day rotation. Depends who you ask so don't ask me!

Top Bottom