What's new

Tobacquisitions for June 2014

Took advantage of Smoking Pipe's Peter Stokkebye sale, and put in an order for a pound of Luxury Bullseye Flake. Slowly continuing to amass my dragon's lair worth of tobacco. Now I just need to find a massive cabinet or something to hide it all in.

I have a cabinet that used to be part of a largish office paper shredder. It's about 1/3 of the size it needs to be for my current collection. I've got boxen piled on top of it.

I'm thinking I might pour some small walls in a corner of my basement to make a fire-resistant, temperature-ballasted tobacco (and other small valuables) cellar. Any ventilation issues with concrete curing indoors? Not that it matters, I'm way too lazy to actually do it, but I can at least pretend to plan for it.

This monster rustic Barling African meerschaum Pot arrived today, 1" chamber diameter. I have been wanting a large Pot like this for a while, the fact that it's an African meer makes it all the more grand. Big thanks to Cigarsarge...
$P1110091_zps3c8dc016.jpg

Just my luck... as soon as I put in an order with P&C, Smoking Pipes gets Balkan Sobranie in.

P&C order:
1 lb of McClelland 5100 Red Cake
1 tin of Ennerdale Flake (out of morbid curiosity even though I know I'll hate it)

Smoking Pipes
2 tins of Balkan Sobranie

There goes the money I saved by ordering bulk McC from P&C... sigh.

Just my luck... as soon as I put in an order with P&C, Smoking Pipes gets Balkan Sobranie in.

P&C order:
1 lb of McClelland 5100 Red Cake
1 tin of Ennerdale Flake (out of morbid curiosity even though I know I'll hate it)

Smoking Pipes
2 tins of Balkan Sobranie

There goes the money I saved by ordering bulk McC from P&C... sigh.
Ennerdale is great stuff, I still have yet to taste the soap in any of these blends that people call "soapy".

Ennerdale is great stuff, I still have yet to taste the soap in any of these blends that people call "soapy".

It's flowery to my nose and palate, but in a good way. I've never tasted "soap" in it either.

When I tried Squadron Leader in the past, I got a hint of old woman perfume. It wasn't necessarily bad... just unexpected. Now, I want to go in and face the beast head on and at full strength.

When I tried Squadron Leader in the past, I got a hint of old woman perfume. It wasn't necessarily bad... just unexpected. Now, I want to go in and face the beast head on and at full strength.

You probably shouldn't store your 'baccy so close to your Tabac! :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Squadron Leader smelling like old women? Heresy (or great smelling old ladies)

Squadron Leader smelling like old women? Heresy (or great smelling old ladies)

I associate overly floral perfumey smells as old lady perfume. It's not necessarily bad... it just smells like what I remember grandmas used to smell like when I grew up.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Placed a P&C order for 1 lb of Lane 1Q (on sale) and Froggy Went a Courtin 5 100 gm tins sampler. I have had FMC and FMOTB, but not the other three. Also ordered some Obsidian pipe stem oil and some softy bits. Come payday, I'll order a tenon turning tool to complete my pipe.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I associate overly floral perfumey smells as old lady perfume. It's not necessarily bad... it just smells like what I remember grandmas used to smell like when I grew up.
I just stuck my nose in the jar of Squadron Leader I keep at work- I am not getting perfume. You sure you are smelling Grousemoor?

I just stuck my nose in the jar of Squadron Leader I keep at work- I am not getting perfume. You sure you are smelling Grousemoor?

It was when I smoked it that I got the floral hints. I haven't had SL since like last August or so, so maybe I'm just going insane.

Top Bottom