What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn new soap scents

Anyone tried the two new scents from C&E? They are named Indian Sandalwood and Moroccan Myrrh. Are they just renamed products or really new scents? Anyone tried them?
John

I think I read somewhere that Moroccan Myrrh is renamed Nomad and Indian Sandalwood is probably just the regular Sandalwood. Either or both may have been modified either for performance or scent profile, I don't know. I haven't seen (or tried) any of the new releases.

That is what I was wondering as well. I just bought Nomad like a month in a half ago and I loved the soap. I've been trying to find out if they both have the same ingredients. Other than that the packaging is brighter than the Nomad.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401505000.569516.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401505273.149398.jpg

Nomad is my favorite scent. I haven't tried Moroccan Myrrh. Here's a screenshot from the C&E website:

$2014-05-30-22-28-45-1.jpg

That doesn't sound anything like the description of Nomad:
Malaysian teak, Indian sandalwood, Chinese ginger, citron and green bamboo

Last edited:
My first soap was the Nomad, and I loved the scent. Especially after lathering it up. Couldn't understand why I didn't find anything when searching for "Nomad" on their webpage just recently. Was glad to find they had just renamed it, and not discontinued it.

A local shop just sold off their remaining stock of Nomad at around 40 % off, it was gone in a heartbeat. Maybe to give room for the new line? Hope more shops do the same, and I'll be sure to get a hold on some more of this lovely soap at a great price.

I picked up a refill of the Indian Sandalwood. Performance seems the same as my puck of Sienna. Which is to say, not that good. The Sienna scent was great but it just doesn't work well enough for me to want to use very often. I was hoping with the new line maybe they improved it but doesn't look like they have.

I was just at a C&E store and I was hoping to find some old stock of Nomad but I didn't find any of it. Just the new stuff. I was told by the sales rep that all there old name stock of soap and creams were sent to the outlet stores. And that they were selling them for 20 or 25% off.

Unfortunately, despite C&E saying that they weren't changing anything but the name, they lied. The new soaps all have Sodium Hydroxide as the sole saponification agent. This makes them like the Sienna and West India Lime soaps in that they are terrible for lather, if you can get it to lather at all.

A guy I know recently was able to find both offered online and he bought them both to compare. The Nomad lathered up great, but he felt the scent was weak, while the Myrrh had a stronger scent but wouldn't lather at all. With only Sodium Hydroxide, C&E have basically just made body soaps in nice wooden bowls.

They both have different formulation (performance) and scent, IMHO.
They are NOT the same soap although all the sales associates I've asked state they are.

Last edited:
I love the scent of the Nomad. However, I don't care for the aftershave balm. Do you guys know of an aftershave splash similar to the scent of the soap.

Top Bottom