What's new

Where to buy shoes in Chicago?

Hello all,

I'm going to be travelling through Chicago next week, and have enough time in the city to do some exploring and shopping. I need some new shoes for work (business casual), and am looking to spend less than $200 on them if possible.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.

Suggestions on what else to do in Chicago also welcome!

Not sure what shoes are available at that price point but I would eat pizza at Lou Malnati's and steak at David Burke's Primehouse. Breakfast at Ann Sather's.

Try Nordstrom, Macy's, Nordstrom rack or DSW. Nordstrom is north Michigan ave. Macy's is on Washington and state st. Nordstrom rack and DSW is on State st between Washington and Monroe.

I have never been there, but I want these chukkas made by Oak Street Bootmakers in Chicago. I might treat myself for my 40th birthday coming up this fall. It is my understanding that they have a storefront. Maybe a little hard on the wallet, but I will definitely stop in to take a look if I am ever in the Windy City.

$oak-street-bootmakers-03_1.jpg

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
There is also an AE store in Chicago! They may have some seconds in your price range.

I would check out Macys on state...
ive gotten a nice pair of John Varvatos on sale there for a little over a hundred when normally close to three.
plus there are plenty of other stores/food/historical land marks to check out on state street. Millennium park is in walking distance from macys, Picasso's horse at daley plaza ect... I normally go to Millers Pub for a good meal and drink on wabash (also close to the macys store/state street). Even walk to the buckingham fountain and lake or the art institute.
I go there atleast twice a year... In the summer and around Christmas. Its a great old store with history.
and it's not like your run of the mill mall macys either!
plenty of stuff to do in the loop!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Top Bottom