What's new

What To Add, And Where From

$PENS.jpg

So what would you add. I have 2 more Prera's a few Metro's on the way. As well as many more dip pens not pictured.

I really have been looking at an M200 lately. Between that and a capless. I want a 51 after all i have read just not sure where to find one.

Dont tell Doug, but I find I like my Pilot Custom Heritage more then my Pelikan M200 (Similar size, both piston fillers depending on where you looke about the same price). the Pilot is in one of their higher lines as opposed to a entry level of the M200 to pelikans offerings and it certainly shows, but thats comparing them side by side, both are fantastic pens and if I ever lost either, I would buy them back into my collection for sure

I am willing to wait for anything really. I know that quality will long outlast the instant gratification of cheap and right now. As well as those listed I have been considering a Custom 74.

If you're going to take a while to think it over, then maybe just start looking at some next step up pens. Ones I've tried:

• Pelikan M200 and M205
  • Pilot Vanishing Point
  • Namiki Falcon
  • Look for a deal on a used Montblanc, probably not a current model. I really like my Noblesse from the late 70s early 80s. New ones cost too much for me.
  • Look for an upscale vintage pen that appeals to you, and take possible restoration cost into account if you aren't buying fully restored from a reputable dealer. Some ones that I have and like, Parker Vacumatic, Parker 51, Really old BCHR Waterman, Sheaffer Admiral touchdown filler.

Based on reputation, not my own experience, you might want to look at:

• Lamy 2000
  • Pilot Custom Heritage 92
  • Vintage Pelikan piston fillers (ask nemo)
  • Parker Duofold

Pilot Vanishing Point
Namiki or Pilot Falcon with SF or SM (soft fine or soft medium) nib
Pelikan M200 or M205 (1990s vintage can be found on ebay for well under $100 if you're patient)
Platinum Century (their SF nib is springy and smooth)
Sailor Professional Gear or 1911 with a medium 21K or medium-fine Naginata-togi nib
Kaweco Sport
Edison or Bexley with a fine nib
Franklin-Christoph with a stub (or other specialty) Masuyama nib
Parker 51, Duofold, or Sheaffer touchdown filler
Lamy 2000 (FYI: these nibs run broad)
Namy Nexx M
Waterman Kultur
Danitrio Cum Laude (amazing value, imo)

Those are some of my favorites and cover a wide budget range.

-Andy

Thanks all for the help. I'm set on the Pilot Custom 74 as soon ans I can find one in the color I want. Been looking around locally for a place to find vintage pens. This is an endeavor that looks like it might come up empty. Wanting to try to make it to the Dallas pen show as I have yet to find anything in Houston. This is just the beginning.

You could always hang fire for a little while and hope there's a 2014 B&B Limited Edition pen. That would be another good option.

-Andy

Top Bottom