What's new

best cooling aftershave?

Osage Rub, Kramperts Frostbite, Fine Snakebite, or Aqua Velva Ice Blue. If you use an alum bar, try storing it in the freezer. You can also add menthol crystals to just about any aftershave to up the chill factor.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would call it "the best" but Barbasol Brisk makes me think my face is still wet and cooling off (from evaporation) LONG aftere it has dried down.

best thing, you can find it locally near you and it is rather inexpensive.

Worth giving it a shot for a couple $$ a bottle

proxy.php

Thanks. I read the thread about adding menthol crystal and something else but can't remember what. Could I add that to like jermyn st balm?

If you want cooling than look no further, if your a cheap skate also look no further. Bought this a few days ago with some Arko Extra Fresh SC. Got to say it has real big menthol hit after drying your face. Here in Blighty it comes in at £4.99 (around $8.20). Scent wise it's on the same lines as Oldspice white water but a tad lighter. No sticky after feeling, left the face smooth and comfortable. From the shave it lasts around about an hour then dries away. I can still smell it now a couple of hours into the day. Second ingredient on the label is menthol. Nice.

Last edited:
Before you go messing with the crystals, get some Krampert's Frostbite, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails, and Osage Rub.

FYI-Dovetailing on the Brisk post, you can mix the Osage Rub with the Barbasol Brisk 50:50. It is great!

proxy.php

Before you go messing with the crystals, get some Krampert's Frostbite, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails, and Osage Rub.

I was going to post the opposite: Before you go on an aftershave buying spree, it makes sense to just add menthol crystals to your preferred aftershave. You get known performance and scent, and you get to customize it to your exact menthol level preference.

That said, I do want to get my hands on some Osage as it seems to be the coldest menthol aftershave in my reading of B&B posts, I just haven't wanted to blow $20 to get it. In the meantime, I have a bag of menthol crystals...

As always, YMMV. Different ways to skin a cat. None of those are "expensive" and are worth a try IMHO.

FYI-You can get Osage Rub shipped in the US for $8-12.

Top Bottom