What's new

Thoughts on new Gillette Flexball

I was reading the Boston Globe this morning and noticed an article about the new Flexball Fusion.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...t-not-cheap/QfgCpZ4EIpFAO5TL4vv4FI/story.html

Any thoughts on this? I've been a Mach3 user for a while and am waiting on my first DE razor (will be here Friday from West Coast Shaving). I've been looking forward to going to the DE, so I don't think I want a cartridge anymore.
But, the article is stating that the shave is as or almost as close as a straight blade.

It's on my wishlist. However, I shall wait until it's 50% off. That 200 million launch budget cannot just be for commercials.

Here are my thoughts:

I could spend $50 on the handle & carts and have enough to last a year (assuming one cart per month, buying a dozen on Amazon at $37...the new handles will retail for around $13, I read).

OR

I could spend $42 on a razor and 100 blades (assuming a $30 razor budget, and Israeli Personnas with UK packaging from WCS [my preferred blade] at $12 for 100). This would be enough blades to last for at least 2 years, if you use one blade per week.

Why would I essentially spend twice as much to get a shave that's the same, or slightly worse?

I'm not personally interested in buying one but I will be interested to see what the general concensus on the new swivel is.

I have no desire to ever use a cart razor again. I'm still curious if this will be some major improvement or not.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I think I'll pass. I already have two Proglides. I don't need a third, just because it has a swivel. If Gillette's marketing department decides to send me one, I'll use it, and I'd expect good results, but not significantly better than the Proglide. The cart is still the same.

Not interested at all. I gave away my Gillette mach 3 and sensor excel when I started this whole thing and I am not going back...

Not interested at all. I gave away my Gillette mach 3 and sensor excel when I started this whole thing and I am not going back...

+1. I won't go back, not because of the money, but because it is so much more enjoyable using a DE razor. In fact, most people here have spent way more on this lifestyle than they would on any cart system. Plus, you get a better quality shave with way less irritation.

No-brainer...

Then, why settle for spending on replaceable carts to get that when you can just go and get a straight? :lol:

Keeping the blade dry or stored in oil, stropping, honing - buying paste, a stone, a strop. With a good chance it will become rusty even if it cost $400.00...
Or sending it away? It could possibly be the convenience and all the reasons why other razors were invented?

Keeping the blade dry or stored in oil, stropping, honing - buying paste, a stone, a strop. With a good chance it will become rusty even if it cost $400.00...
Or sending it away? It could possibly be the convenience and all the reasons why other razors were invented?

Do you talk about anything other than defending carts?

Sure that or making money off of selling people something they do not need at a higher profit margin.
After the patent expired.

Top Bottom