What's new

7 Pens 7 Dollars

I went to a thrift store the other day and got a 7 pen set. It was one of those gift sets that were As Seen On TV. it had a fountain pen and several ball point pens very nice looking set. The brand Name is not in my memory bank so....
I have the fountain pen charged up and ready to right but it seams to be leaking at the grip I write to words and my fingers are all black. What could be the problem other than it's a very cheap junk pen?

I went to a thrift store the other day and got a 7 pen set. It was one of those gift sets that were As Seen On TV. it had a fountain pen and several ball point pens very nice looking set. The brand Name is not in my memory bank so....
I have the fountain pen charged up and ready to right but it seams to be leaking at the grip I write to words and my fingers are all black. What could be the problem other than it's a very cheap junk pen?

not to be a smart rear end, but any number of things could be wrong. the converter could be loose (if there is one) or the cartridge could be loose also. the nib or section may or may not be screwed in or put together correctly. there could be a crack somewhere...etc....

a picture may help immensely (or may not help at all depending on what the problem actually is), so why don't you give us a picture of your set up:a4:

not to be a smart rear end, but any number of things could be wrong. the converter could be loose (if there is one) or the cartridge could be loose also. the nib or section may or may not be screwed in or put together correctly. there could be a crack somewhere...etc....

a picture may help immensely (or may not help at all depending on what the problem actually is), so why don't you give us a picture of your set up:a4:

+1

Ok I emailed myself the picture so I can post it. I should be able to post in about an Hour.

Finally got to it can anyone ID this pen or trouble shoot the leakage problem. My pen has incontenance issues.

$thrift pen 2.jpg$thrift pen.jpg

It leaks right at the black and gold coller below the nib. I used parker quink black ink. thanks for looking.

Looks like a Jinhao nib, you shouldnt be touching the area right below the nib, at the black collar there, thats the feed, it will have ink that feeds to the nib, however the gold part right below the black you should not have ink there, if there is its either leaking of the nib inside the cap when being bounced around leaving it for your fingers to find, or you have a crack somewhere that is letting ink out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Finally got to it can anyone ID this pen or trouble shoot the leakage problem. My pen has incontenance issues.

Now I have a Life of Brian line running through my head. "He has a wife, you know. Her name is Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks."

I looked at the box these pens came in and it says the brand name is....Nvizio. Anyone familiar?

Top Bottom