What's new

Best price for Astra SP delivered to UK?

Hi gents,

Can anyone find me a good price on Astra SP delivered to an address in the UK please?

I've settled on this blade after working my way through a sampler. Quantity not important - I'll take up to 300 if it's cheaper per blade.

The cheapest I've found so far was £14.50 delivered, for 200 blades - so £0.0725 per blade.

Has anyone seen them any cheaper?

Cheers,
aytri

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astra-Pla...ee-shipping-With-whosale-option-/271434581992

May be better sticking at 200 because buying 300 takes you over the £15 limit for importing goods from outside the EU without worrying about being stung for VAT or customs duties. You could order 300 or more and get away with it but if you don't you'll have an £8 handling fee from the Royal Mail on top of any VAT and duty.

Thanks, that's really useful. Just noticed you live in Hastings - I grew up in Battle, but I spend a lot of time in Hastings seeing friends and family. Are you able to buy any shaving products locally?

Thanks, that's really useful. Just noticed you live in Hastings - I grew up in Battle, but I spend a lot of time in Hastings seeing friends and family. Are you able to buy any shaving products locally?

There's an old fashioned tobacconist in George St in the Old Town that occasionally has a few tubs of TOBS or Trumpers creams. There's also a Turkish grocery in St Leonards that sells a couple of the Arko shaving creams. Other than that is just the usual Palmolive soaps and cream, Wilkinson Sword blue bowl soap and the likes that you can find in any pharmacy or supermarket.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out next time I'm down :)

Just ordered from mymikado on eBay - I didn't realise that seller was actually Bestshave.net in disguise! It was cheaper to buy from him on eBay than it was on his website, so happy days.

Should be here in a few days hopefully!

Thanks again,
aytri

Last edited:
I ordered 150 blades from mymikado on ebay on May 6th, 2014 and I have yet to receive my blades. He provided a tracking number that stopped providing updates after June 9, 2014 while the package was still in Turkey. I'm in Jamaica, has anyone here had a similar experience with their orders from mymikado?

Not me - it took around a month to arrive, but it came eventually. Hold out, or send him a message and see if he can give you an update.

Not me - it took around a month to arrive, but it came eventually. Hold out, or send him a message and see if he can give you an update.

He has stopped replying to my emails but I'll continue to wait and see (no other option really, Ebay suggested I sic the international authorities on him, but that seems a bit extreme). 60+ days and counting.....

He has stopped replying to my emails but I'll continue to wait and see (no other option really, Ebay suggested I sic the international authorities on him, but that seems a bit extreme). 60+ days and counting.....

Okay, even though I still haven't heard from mymikado, I received a full refund. So at the very least, he is an honourable seller

Shame you didn't get the blades, but at least you're not out of pocket. You may want to re-order - BestShave/mymikado are well regarded here.

Shame you didn't get the blades, but at least you're not out of pocket. You may want to re-order - BestShave/mymikado are well regarded here.
I didn't like the lack of communication after I discovered that the tracking had stopped updating, I'm going to go with the seller who I bought my shaving soap from (yukcell_020), he's also from Turkey and he communicated better and he was pretty flexible.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/yukcell_020?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2754

So I did order from yukcell_020 and I received by blades in 3 weeks (from Turkey to Jamaica). Simple, no problems at all, I wish I had gone with him first.
$IMAG0046.jpg$IMAG0043.jpg

Top Bottom