What's new

The New York Mets

Subway series starting tonight. I'm a die hard Yankees fan, and this is the first time in years I'm genuinely excited to play the Mets. I won't lie to you guys, after taking 3 out of 4 from Detroit, I really want to end the Mets win streak tonight. Pitching matchup tonight is a great one, too, DeGrom vs. Pineda. Wish I was headed to the Bronx tonight!

My Giants are off to their typical slow start. Maybe when Pence gets back things will change for a great season. But,this is an odd numbered year. I will wait and see.

Subway series starting tonight. I'm a die hard Yankees fan, and this is the first time in years I'm genuinely excited to play the Mets. I won't lie to you guys, after taking 3 out of 4 from Detroit, I really want to end the Mets win streak tonight. Pitching matchup tonight is a great one, too, DeGrom vs. Pineda. Wish I was headed to the Bronx tonight!

The Yanks won't end the streak tonight. That's not Metsy enough. The Yanks will end it Sunday night on ESPN. "Hey, America! The Mets are taking over NY! Watch it live on ESPN!" ... Yanks win 8-2. That's the Metsiest way for this to go down.

Go Mets! :blush:

The Yanks won't end the streak tonight. That's not Metsy enough. The Yanks will end it Sunday night on ESPN. "Hey, America! The Mets are taking over NY! Watch it live on ESPN!" ... Yanks win 8-2. That's the Metsiest way for this to go down.

Go Mets! :blush:

That means we win 2 more and take the series. I'd sign up for that! Go Mets!

Last edited:
Hmmm, you're right. Surely the baseball gods won't bestow such good fortune upon us. Crap. That means the Yanks will sweep.

I understand all too well this kind of thinking. I may be a Yankee fan, but I've also been cursed as a New York Jets fan. I get it.

Let's go Mets!!! As a long suffering Mets fan, this looks like a great start to a great year. 15-5! Wooo Hooo!! The Yankees were just a little hiccup. I've got the game on as we speak. Great pitching and enough offense to do the job. I am definitely encouraged.

Let's go Mets!!! As a long suffering Mets fan, this looks like a great start to a great year. 15-5! Wooo Hooo!! The Yankees were just a little hiccup. I've got the game on as we speak. Great pitching and enough offense to do the job. I am definitely encouraged.

Great balance this year. I realize it is a long season as it ain't my first rodeo, but I do have a good feeling about this squad.

Great balance this year. I realize it is a long season as it ain't my first rodeo, but I do have a good feeling about this squad.

I think Sandy Alderson has been doing a good job. The minor leagues are well stocked. And we will do well if the injuries don't get us too bad. d'Arnaud and Wright will be back soon enough too.

A few good trades, the reemergence of Duda's power, d'Arnaud's return from the DL, and Granderson's return to form, and a lineup that wouldn't have fared especially well in AAA a couple of weeks ago suddenly looks formidable. The pitching is just incredible and will keep them in just about any game with any team. I'm a long time Mets fan and I'm feeling, I hate to say it, optimistic about their chances.

Top Bottom