What's new

The New York Mets

Been a die hard fan since birth, and I'm only 23 so I've seen very little success.

Hmm, I'm 37 and I've also seen very little success. Ok, yes I enjoyed '86 when I was 10. But that's the only championship I've witnessed amongst my 3 sports teams. On that note, have to sincerely thank Frank Cashen (RIP) for assembling the team that gave me some of my favorite childhood memories.

The main bright spot of the season is the fact that the Yankees have been stinking lately, too. Unfortunately, they get to come to town to play the Twins, so they should be back above 500 by the end of the weekend. I see no such remedy existing for the Mets.

$uploadfromtaptalk1407072575265.jpg

We have been alive for two Mets World Series Championships. I find some comfort in that.

Sorry I haven't been around this thread in a while! Yes, I remember both of them well!!!

The Mets took a step in the right direction yesterday, by releasing Bobby Abreu and bringing up Kirk Nieuwhuis, who was just tearing up the minors. Hopefully, the release of Chris Young and promotion of Andrew Brown is in the near future. These young guys have been just destroying the minor leagues and deserve a chance at the majors. Chris Young was a bad move.

Sorry I haven't been around this thread in a while! Yes, I remember both of them well!!!

The Mets took a step in the right direction yesterday, by releasing Bobby Abreu and bringing up Kirk Nieuwhuis, who was just tearing up the minors. Hopefully, the release of Chris Young and promotion of Andrew Brown is in the near future. These young guys have been just destroying the minor leagues and deserve a chance at the majors. Chris Young was a bad move.

Totally agree!

Nice to see Legares get the Gold Glove that he should've gotten last year. deGrom should be a lock for NL rookie of the year.

Top Bottom