What's new

The New York Mets

I have no problem with the way Collins handled it. I can't stand when managers are slaves to the closer role, so I was thrilled to see Harvey back out there. Whether you pull him after the walk or not, it's a crap shoot. If Duda makes a decent throw (not even "great" or "good" throw), Hosmer is dead at the plate, and we're most likely looking forward to deGrom's shot at redemption in game 6.

I have to say I was a little annoyed at how Buck, Reynolds, and Verducci effusively praised Hosmer for aggressive base running. C'mon guys, if Duda makes the throw, Hosmer is out by 5 feet and they'd be calling it a boneheaded decision.

But, oh well. The Royals got their timely hits and took advantage of countless Mets' fielding blunders. Kudos to them. The Mets have the pitching to compete and get back here again, so it's on to next year!

I was thinking the same thing. That team of announcers were blowing with the wind, I thought.

I was thinking the same thing. That team of announcers were blowing with the wind, I thought.

I found it interesting that Pete Rose commented before game one that one key factor for The Mets was the need to play solid D to combat the Royals aggressiveness. To paraphrase, "The Mets need to catch and throw the ball well to win this series."

I found it interesting that Pete Rose commented before game one that one key factor for The Mets was the need to play solid D to combat the Royals aggressiveness. To paraphrase, "The Mets need to catch and throw the ball well to win this series."

There are an awful lot of reasons to dislike Pete Rose, but the man certainly knows a thing or two about baseball.

Big win today for the Mets folks. Dusty Baker to manage the Nats. Wow. The arm killer extraordinaire. He learned how to use pitching staffs at the feet of none other than Tommy LaSorda. Strasbourg is gonna love Dusty. �� He also has a very strong preference for veteran ball players, and hasn't been know to develop younger guys. Good news for you lot.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
You should have known that the Mets were doomed after they faced this pitcher.

He struck out a bunch of them.

$struck out the Mets.jpg

Top Bottom