What's new

SuperMax BlueDiamonds - The top of the line blade in SuperMax line-up

proxy.php

These blades were excellent for a value.However its not being manufactured anymore, sadly.
It has flag of France in reverse on card box.

comes in 10 tucks of blades rather than 5, the edges are special coated with diamond and platinum treatment.
Longevity is exceptional, extra smooth too. these blades are barber's favorites. It lasted about 11 shaves before starts to dull, these are harder to find these days.

This is the best blade Super-Max ever cranked out....The one you have is the genuine article,the metallic foil hologram is not on lesser blade boxes...

I havent tried these but i have tried a couple of their other products.
supermax products are hard to source in India itself and there customer support is pathetic. They haven't ever bothered to reply to a mail.

I have both the platinums and the titainium blades, and find both excellent blades for the price i paid for them.

Super-Max seems to mess about the design of the exterior quite a lot. I got hundreds of them- in MANY different flavours. When reading reviews people to mess up each ones blades when comparing resulting in sort of of a mist in the end of the thread/review. Therefore I think- when it comes to Super-Max at least- it would be helpful if we could post a picture of the blade we are referring to:001_smile

Anyway- here is my take on the Blue Diamonds TITANIUMS. I got the ones that the OP is referring to but in my taste the ones pictured below are way better. They were cheap as chips. Very sharp, very smooth. As for reference I like Astras SP and Voskhods (the latter being on my top three).
$IMG_0312.jpg
To mud things up I really did not care much about the Titaniums that came with black packaging. Might be the placebo effect though..

I just used a Supermax platinum (not the Titanium) last night and it was one of the best shaves I have ever had. Super sharp and comfortable with no irritation to speak of. I could have prepped a little better as I cut myself a couple times.

I just used a Supermax platinum (not the Titanium) last night and it was one of the best shaves I have ever had. Super sharp and comfortable with no irritation to speak of. I could have prepped a little better as I cut myself a couple times.

Pics? Super-Max Super Platinum or Super-Max Platinums..? (I am just being provocative now- in order to make everything more clear for the newbies)

I am posting a few photos that reveal the coding within the hologram...I have found the exact same box with a "photo" of the original hologram,and those blades were inferior,Chinese fakes I suspect.These are the real deal...

Attachments

• $IMG_0002.jpg
    $IMG_0002.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 251
  • $IMG_0003.jpg
    $IMG_0003.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 244
  • $IMG_0007.jpg
    $IMG_0007.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 247
  • $IMG_0008.jpg
    $IMG_0008.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 246
  • $IMG_0009.jpg
    $IMG_0009.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 246
a few more...inside the hologram you can see "supermax" and a few abstract symbols...

Attachments

• $IMG_0010.jpg
    $IMG_0010.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 240
  • $IMG_0012.jpg
    $IMG_0012.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 238
  • $IMG_0015.jpg
    $IMG_0015.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 238
These always seem to cut the hell out of me. No other blade has ever done it to me. I've gone through 10 of these (hoping it was a QC issue in the first tuck), but they were all the same. Weird - my face hates them for some reason!

i see an UK seller who is selling these supermax titanium, very cheap, but is has no hologram on the packing, are these fake ones?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251530562158

I don't think they are fake ,unless they tug and pull,but these are the "Titanium" and not the "Platinum",and a step below the Platinums.I have used the Titaniums,and they are a very good blade,you'll know if they're fake when you take a shave...

I would be very interested in knowing why you imply that the only genuine deal are the ones that come with hologram packaging (and with spanish lettering). So the ones targeted for other markets without holograms are not genuine..? Really..?

This is the best blade Super-Max ever cranked out....The one you have is the genuine article,the metallic foil hologram is not on lesser blade boxes...

Last edited:
I would be very interested in knowing why you imply that the only genuine deal are the ones that come with hologram packaging (and with spanish lettering). So the ones targeted for other markets without holograms are not genuine..? Really..?
...No,I am not saying all the other Super-Max blades are fake,only the hologram box contains the best blade SM put out,at one time.I do say if you buy the exact same Platinum box and it has a photo of the original hologram,and that blade tugs and pulls,it probably is a fake.Even the lesser SM blades are still decent blades,IF they are genuine...See also the post by a fellow member on the replacement for the Blue Diamond Platinum,the Tiger...

Attachments

• $supermaxinfo.jpg
    $supermaxinfo.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom