What's new

Nib Noob's New Nibs News

Sorry to just barge in like this but having just recently purchased but not yet acquired (still in the mail) some fountain pens and related stuff I thought I might stop in and just say hello to "The Nib". Looking forward to getting my hands on my new pens and trying them out. May I show you what I've got hurtling toward me at the speed of... Canada Post.

A Platinum Cool (aka Balance?) Blue, Fine
$Platinum Cool.jpg

A TWSBI Diamond 580 Medium
$TWSBI-Diamond-580.jpg

A Pilot Prera, Ivory, Medium
$Pilot Prera ivory.jpg

To fill the pens I chose bottles of Noodler's Apache Sunset, Pilot Namiki Blue and Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki as well as a pack of blue/black cartridges for the Cool. I hope I have made good choices so far. Looking forward to improving my handwriting and maybe getting back into some old school text messaging as well. I'm more of a reader than a poster but hopefully I'll be able to make a small contribution now and then. See you around, Gentlemen of The Nib.

Sorry to just barge in like this but having just recently purchased but not yet acquired (still in the mail) some fountain pens and related stuff I thought I might stop in and just say hello to "The Nib". Looking forward to getting my hands on my new pens and trying them out. May I show you what I've got hurtling toward me at the speed of... Canada Post.

A Platinum Cool (aka Balance?) Blue, Fine
View attachment 439154

A TWSBI Diamond 580 Medium
View attachment 439156

A Pilot Prera, Ivory, Medium
View attachment 439157

To fill the pens I chose bottles of Noodler's Apache Sunset, Pilot Namiki Blue and Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki as well as a pack of blue/black cartridges for the Cool. I hope I have made good choices so far. Looking forward to improving my handwriting and maybe getting back into some old school text messaging as well. I'm more of a reader than a poster but hopefully I'll be able to make a small contribution now and then. See you around, Gentlemen of The Nib.

WOW, what a start. you definitely did some homework before ordering. :thumbup: all of you incoming hardware and software are really nice. obviously you have been here on b&b for awhile, but welcome to the nib. i look forward to hearing your thoughts on your new gear

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. The Cool and the 580 should have arrived today but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe November.

Welcome aboard Velocityboy!!! As all have said a great start!!! But don't worry you can stop any time you want:laugh: Right Guys.......Guys

Tom

Very nice choices. I've had samples of all those inks, all very good. Look forward to hearing your initial impressions.

Top Bottom