What's new

Generational PIF

Well, my 19 year old son was interested and snuck part of his shave with my Edwin Jagger. He previously used a 5-blade cart. He admitted it sheepishly, and I encouraged him to keep it up (with his own blade). He only shaves 2 or 3 times a week, but yesterday he was really excited with a really great comfortable shave. Looks like I'll be using my Gillettes only until he gets his own...

It's great to have something new to share!

Better sooner than later! Rather than teaching him, let him make his own mistakes. That's how I've done it and I wouldn't change a thing - plus there's some good stories here and there.

I'm in!

Oh wait...I thought you meant a PIF for me... :D

Congrats on getting your son involved. That's cool to see it span multiple generations.

Funny thing is that my daughter is more likely to take up DE shaving than my son. She has to smell each and every soap and aftershave that comes in. She feels the softness of my brushes and loves looking at the DEs. They both help me pick out the order of soaps I am working through as well picking out my aftershave for the day. My kids are 8 and 9, so who knows what they will be like when they get to be teenagers, but since my wife and I both use a DE, they will be taught using them instead of the expensive carts.

Top Bottom