What's new

London store brand name brushes

So, I am very lucky and excited to be going to my first trip to London soon. I can't wait to travel down Jermyn St & check out the stores. (Floris, Dr Harris, Geo Trumpers, TOBS, etc.)

My question for the experts in this forum is as I was looking on-line recently it appears the stores have their own brand name brushes. I figure they don't actually make the brushes, they just outsource the manufacturing to another established brush making company and empress their own name onto the finished product. Right? I'm thinking they do this for a customer like myself who might want some matching product lines for a gift or themselves. (matching soaps, brushes, towels, etc.)

Does anyone have any idea who really makes who's brushes?

Right. But the deals vary from year to year, and some stores seem to buy from multiple makers. If you have a specific brush in mind someone might know.

Anyway enjoy the trip.

Taylor's had a great selection. Trumpers and Truefitt had good selections. Just my guess most of the private label brushes in London stores, are now coming from Simpson Vulfix, then everywhere else.

You'll have a great visit, post pix!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 198
I bought a Wellington brush at the Truefitt & Hill store last week, it costed me £69 vs. £55 on the online shop... Just saying.

were you able to do the VAT refund thing for your purchase?
I'm hoping Cristobal, as a Frenchman, wouldn't want to give the Bloody English any of his hard earn ca$h! Right?!?
...and thanks for the reminder on the VAT - 20% = Ouch!

I would have to pay the French VAT (around 20%) back in France, so it's useless for French citizens to ask for a refund...
Besides I am an anglophile!

Last edited:
When you buy online from outside EU and ship into France, do you have to pay any duty or Vat? Just curious.

The seller would probably ask you to pay the VAT because of the destination of the order (inside EU, no import duty and taxes), I guess. And there will be a trace in the books. But maybe it's up to the vendor.

When I was in Trumper's Mayfair, they had a nice red-handled Trumpers-branded brush in the store. I did not have the spare time to shop at that moment, but later emailed them about it. The lady at Trumper's office was quite cordial, located the item, and the price, ex VAT, with shipping was reasonable. She said that they have some 'limited run items' in the store inventories but never get into the website. Arrived today via airmail. Looking at it, resembles a Vulfix pure brush. 21mm knot, 53mm loft; nice size; solid plastic handle, labelled other side, 'Pure Badger Handmade in England'.

So, the point of all this, for whatever reason, the London stores often have odd brushes and other items that we'll rarely see online. So, take some time, browse and enjoy!

$trumpers red pure badger brush.jpg

Top Bottom