What's new

Recommend body bath bar soap

I'd like to try bath soaps in the bar form and get away from the old spice and axe gel body washes. I'm looking for a long lasting, manly smelling, leaving skin feeling great bath soap. It can be artisans or Irish spring mainstream. Thank you for your help.

I'm interested in seeing the responses to this, as I'd also like to get away from the supermarket/drugstore body washes. I'm expecting a bar of Sasquatch Soap Pine Tar today and will let you know what I think after I get a chance to use it.

Recently I ordered some Nancy Boy soaps and they are amazing. All of the scents I have are fantastic. The bars are pretty big and very hard like a triple milled soap so they last a while. Make sure to create an account on their page and join Club Nancy Boy for a discount on all their products (It's free to sign up.). Stirling makes nice bath soaps as well in many different scents but I find they are a softer soap and don't last as long as the NB products. Oh I should state Nancy Boy soaps are vegan if that matters to you and Stirling contains tallow.

Recently I ordered some Nancy Boy soaps and they are amazing. All of the scents I have are fantastic. The bars are pretty big and very hard like a triple milled soap so they last a while. Make sure to create an account on their page and join Club Nancy Boy for a discount on all their products (It's free to sign up.). Stirling makes nice bath soaps as well in many different scents but I find they are a softer soap and don't last as long as the NB products. Oh I should state Nancy Boy soaps are vegan if that matters to you and Stirling contains tallow.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Do to another thread here on B&B on African black soap, I got some at whole foods the other day. I didn't like it so much at first but it is growing on me and use to wash my face before bed. While I really like the Coconut Vanilla one, I've been using everyday in the shower. Of course I love coconut and vanilla, so can't really go wrong for me. YMMV

Now I just need to find some of these scents in shaving soaps too, well maybe just the coconut or vanilla.

African Black Soap ...
Btw... Both these soaps have shea butter as did most of the black soap brands.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nancy boy soaps seem great for a 7 oz bar for $8. The shipping is $7.50! That's a little steep for a bar of soap, in my opinion.

Nancy boy soaps seem great for a 7 oz bar for $8. The shipping is $7.50! That's a little steep for a bar of soap, in my opinion.

The soaps are $6.80 once you create an account and cheaper still if you order the three pack for $17.85. Their products aren't cheap but man are they great. I generally order several products at once to justify the shipping. I love their face wash and their Replenishing Facial Moisturizer is awesome as well.

Manly how about Lava! If you are concerned about another soap. Do a little search. Your run of the mill Irish Spring and that market. Are very harsh for the skin. There are many other you may want to use.
Good Luck.

Nice day

I picked up a 3 pack of Ology Triple Milled soap at Walgreens and like it. I have the one with shae butter.

My recommendations which have great value (perfect intersection of cost and performance):
- Stirling Soap (Tallow) - $ varies but very inexpensive
- Yardley (Tallow) - $1 a bar at Big Lots or Family Dollar / Dollar General
- Aromas Artesanales de Antigua (Vegetable) - $5 a bar at World Market, scent strength is off the charts, huge, triple-milled bar that will last longer than 3 of the above bars.

I use Stirling bath soaps. It makes it frighteningly easy to add shaving soap, aftershave, or lip balm to the order. :001_tt2:

Filthy Farmgirl makes some nice soaps, and clearly wins some kind of award for cleverness in naming and packaging pictures.

I believe Mystic Water also makes soaps, and Queen Charlotte Soaps.

+1 on the Stirling. At $3.25 for a 5 oz bar, they're a great value. And they're good -- lots of manly scents and interesting choices. (My favorite is Pig Trail.)

The three I've used (and will replenish once used up): Irish Spring Moisture Blast, Lava, and Old Spice Sport. Generally, I stick to supermarket brands. However, I won't say no if I get a little sample in my next Stirling order... :001_rolle

I really like Stirling bath soaps. Inexpensive and a huge variety of scents to choose from. A bar for about $3 lasts about six weeks.

Strop Shoppe used to make really good bath soaps too but I haven't seen 'em in a while on their website.

I really like Stirling bath soaps. Inexpensive and a huge variety of scents to choose from. A bar for about $3 lasts about six weeks.

Strop Shoppe used to make really good bath soaps too but I haven't seen 'em in a while on their website.

Six weeks? Wow, I get about three weeks from a bat of Stirling

Stirling is a fairly soft bath soap that readily dissolves when in contact with any water. After usage, put it in a spot away from direct water contact. My shower stall has two soap racks (one low and one high). My bars typically last 4-5 weeks if I keep them stored high and less than half if stored on the bottom rack.

Stirling is a fairly soft bath soap that readily dissolves when in contact with any water. After usage, put it in a spot away from direct water contact. My shower stall has two soap racks (one low and one high). My bars typically last 4-5 weeks if I keep them stored high and less than half if stored on the bottom rack.

+1 I have found this to be true of all soaps and especially shampoo bars.

I'm a fan of the French triple milled soaps; bars of real soap that last a long time. Whole Foods has an excellent store-branded line of these in a variety of scents. I'm particularly fond of their Vetiver Cedar scent, and it doesn't get much manlier than that. South Of France brand soaps are great as well and are available in many super markets and drug store chains like CVS and Walgreens. Also, Pre de Provence makes top notch soaps and are available through many online vendors familiar to all here on B&B.

Top Bottom