What's new

Help-My leather jacket's turning green!

About 6 years ago I bought a leather jacket (Wilson's Leathers). At the time I bought it, I bought some leather conditioner, since I am a lackadaisical sort, I never treated the leather. Over the years, the jacket has been slowly turning green--I guess where it is most exposed to the weather, or what not. At any rate, It has become very noticeable lately, and I am wondering if/how to restore the leather's color to its original black. I did think of using shoe polish on it, but then I thought....Hmmm, I'll bet the guys at B&B have some ideas. Thanks for whatever information you can give.

If its what I think it is, it's the dye in the black leather fading and from being worn. I've heard of some people using the whole shoe polish thing, but I'm kind of skeptical since I haven't done it myself. I'd be afraid that the shoe polish would rub off. Hopefully someone else can chime in here. Do you have any pics? that might help others get a better idea of whats going on with it.

It's possible to redye leather, either DIY or professionally. Shoe polish might work but it's not the correct solution. It would take a LOT of polish, and be fairly temporary.

Top Bottom