What's new

My first brush handle (A work in progress)

Thank you everyone. icouldn't have made it without all the pointers/advice on here.

I guess what's left, is to make a cherry wood stand for it.

I'm already planning my next handle though. Like others have said... this is rather addicting!

$giphy.gif

I think the rough sanding is done, but i wanted to get you guys opinions. Should i change anything? did curving out the top half look good, or should i make it straight again?

Put a knot in there just to see how it looked.

Did you use the Dremel Tool to dril out the hole for the knot?

I used a forstner bit on my drill to make the hole. I used the dremel to make the inside walls smooth.

I found this three just lurking around this morning. You did a great job. What glue did you finally settle on using. I am going to be making a brush of my own, soon. Iam going to use a knot from Golden Nib, I haven't ordered it yet. The Golden Nib's 28mm F2 finest knot.
bloom after test lather:

lathered up fast, held a ton of water. i like it!

Last edited:
i used the Devcon epoxy (got it at lowes) about $15. but there's enough in there to glue a lot of brushes.

If i had to do it all over again. And i'm sure i will make another very soon, i would order the knot first. It's better to have it in my opinion, that way you can drill out as deep as you want to set it. And be able to see the knot in there.

I had made the hole, and i thought it was deep enough, but when i got the knot I had to drill a bit deeper. To give it more backbone.

Thank you for the kind words.

That is one of the best looking brushes I have seen. The handle length seems great for making lather without getting your hands soapy. Great work.

Top Bottom