What's new

"Other" Shavig Forum?

What are you other active shaving forums?

• Reddit's wicked_edge

• Straight Razor Place

• The Shave Den

• Shave Nook

• Other

• B and B is my one and only.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice cross posts between B and B and other shaving forums, and I'm wondering how many of the other forums out there you participate regularly in. Not just lurking or making an occasional post, I'm talking active involvement.

There are other websites on the internet?! No matter what I type into my search bar, I just get looped back to B&B.

Oops, I voted before reading your introductory post. I voted for Shave Nook which I found before I discovered B&B. I opened SN the other day and couldn't submit a post so there was obviously something wrong that day. In general though, I find B&B to be vastly superior in content.

I see no reason to go anywhere else. I can't imagine that there's anything discussed on the other sites, that hasn't been discussed here.

Like a high school sweetheart, B&B was my first and still my only!

(if only I could say that about my high school sweetheart :001_unsur )

I think there is definitely more content here on B&B than other forums, however I find that there can be a higher quantity of inexperienced opinions that need to be sorted through here and taken with a grain of salt. It's the largest wet shaving community there is online, nothing unexpected.

I think there is definitely more content here on B&B than other forums, however I find that there can be a higher quantity of inexperienced opinions that need to be sorted through here and taken with a grain of salt. It's the largest wet shaving community there is online, nothing unexpected.

Really? More so than the other forums? … If you say so!

I have used other forums when doing a search on a particular shaving topic, especially when searching about straights.

I go to the shave den and shave nook often, especially when looking for product reviews. What I can't find in one site, I can usually find in one of the other two.

I go to the shave den and shave nook often, especially when looking for product reviews. What I can't find in one site, I can usually find in one of the other two.

+1

I actually started on wicked_edge and still post there from time to time.

Many years ago, I was very active in another forum/newsboard type page for straights. Until the owner of the board showed his true colors, and I left. I joined a smaller board, until one day Yahoo pulled the newer site for supposed "TOS" violations, which were never explained. I have my suspicions where the "TOS" complaint came from, but no proof. Anyway, I have no desire to worship an individual who needs desperately to be liked, and exhibits horrible behavior to those who don't drink his kool-aid. The other board would promote banning members, mob-rule mentality, pubic posting of private emails, etc. None of that is done here at B&B. A true gentleman's site.
So, to me, B&B is the only wet-shaving website on the internet.

Forum wise, it's here, morning noon and night.

I occasionally see and peruse other sites via specific google searches but still often end up concentrating on the "More results from badgerandblade.com"

I opened an account right after I registered with the B&B. Aside from an occasional peek, I don't use it much, never posted a single comment there. B&B gives me plenty to work with, and, they tolerate my occasional extended posts. :001_unsur

You won't find the same amount AND quality of information anywhere else.

Broad generalized statements are never a good idea...about anything. :001_rolle

I do agee with you in the one point that you won't find the same amount of information or total amount of traffic as you do here. That is why I spend my time here the most. But there are some experts on other forums that do not come here and their insight is valuable sometimes also. By visiting other forums I have learned things about our hobby that was not found here, as heavily visited as it is.

It's the same reason why I don't go to only one news source. Just how broad would my perspective be on things if I only went to CNN or say FOX NEWS for my information on world events? CNN may be one of the biggest news providers, but they don't excel at covering everything and in the best way...all the time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom