What's new

Do you moisturize?

I have pretty dry skin and I have tried so many moisturizers!! I'm currently using Palmers cocoa butter and it seems pretty good.

So now ive started DE wet shaving and the dry skin on face has pretty much vanished if i moisturize or not.

So i've been researching a lot of stuff on here and everyone seems to know a great deal more than me with the make up these products and if there actually good or not.

My question is, do you moisturize? If you do then what do you use and why? If you don't then is there a reason you don't? Is it just because your lucky and don't suffer with the annoyance of dry skin :)

I am actually the opposite. I have rather oily skin, but I can manage it with what I use on it. After I shave, I splash on Thayer's Alcohol-free witch hazel, followed by Every Man Jack Face Lotion. I avoid products that have alcohol because my skin reacts rather noticeably with any drying agents. The face lotion is very moisturizing and absorbs quickly but does not leave a sticky residue nor greasy coating, which is why I use it.

I am glad you are able to control your symptoms of dry skin and I hope my post makes for at least a good read!

I tend to moisturize more in the winter months and it gets real cold here in winter. Summertime I don't bother as my skin is not dry

YES! After every shave all year long. I like Aloe Vera gel in the summer. Walmart Sport Sunscreen (SPF 30) is nice for going outside to work in the yard after shaving. I love Gold Bond Mens Essentials. Great over all body and face lotion. Nivea Mens Maximum Hydration is good if it's on sale. Family Dollar has vitamin E cream in a 12 ounce jar with argon oil or aloe Vera and jojoba oil for less than 3 bucks a jar. Great face cream. You know what they say? Feed your head!!!:thumbup:

Last edited:
If your "dry skin" has improved since you began wetshaving an outright moisturizer may be unneeded. I'm not sure how/why wetshaving specifically has contributed to the transformation of your formerly dry skin condition, but, hey, don't quibble with such results!
However some gentlemen concerned with the longer-term effects of sun exposure might choose a light (in texture) product containing
a sun screen more for sun protection than moisturizing.
With oily skin, my concern isn't moisturizing either but as a nice after shave treatment, I regularly use Clinique Skin Supplies for Men (currently being repackaged as Clinique for Men) Post Shave Healer. Light, non-greasy, easily absorbed, and virtually scent-less, it soothes the rare post shave irritation. I apply it after a splash of scented aftershave, like Clubman, has dried down.
Having tried easily a half-dozen other post shave products, including Nivea (hugely popular here at B&B), the Clinique Post Shave Healer has become my clear daily favorite.
Plenty of B&B-ers don't bother with a moisturizer but among those who do, many will recommend their own favorites. You will have no shortage of choices to try!

I only moisturize my T Zone. After I'm finished shaving, I use an alum block, rinse with cold water, and then apply a Bay rum. I usually don't require any moisturizing on that part of my face afterwards.

I'm still in search for a good moisturizer. I used to have extremely oily skin which was part of bad acne. It was bad enough that I was prescribed Accutane which is somewhat rough on the body. I now have very dry skin to the point where I use a steroid cream daily. I would love to get away from that but haven't found anything yet. I did order some Jack Black products las week, and I'll be interested to see how they work on my skin n

I'm still in search for a good moisturizer. I used to have extremely oily skin which was part of bad acne. It was bad enough that I was prescribed Accutane which is somewhat rough on the body. I now have very dry skin to the point where I use a steroid cream daily. I would love to get away from that but haven't found anything yet. I did order some Jack Black products las week, and I'll be interested to see how they work on my skin n

I have been prescribed steroid cream today for my arms which have bad dry skin. This is why im after why wet shaving has helped the skin on my face so much. One moisturizer i find really does help and have just got some more today when my skin flares up is, doublebase gel. I dont know why this helps my skin so much but it just does, also something called oiletum which is used in the shower is really good too.

I would like to know how those Jack Black products go if you could keep me posted :)

I moisturize basically everyday, after every shave. I love using Hydrolast conditioning balm after every shave. It really makes your face feel great. I also use a face moisturizer and toner from Osmia Organic's.

Started to moisturize a few years back due to cold winter weather. My skin in some places was getting so dry it was flaking. Been using the "Body Shop" body butter and it has helped a lot. I use the olive oil blend as it has little or no scent to it. For the summer months I don't need a moisturizer but I do use a sunscreen.

YES! After every shave all year long. I like Aloe Vera gel ..............
+1 on the Aloe Vera gel. I use this after every shave, as I think it not only moisturizes, but helps nicks and cuts, and razor rash, to heal.
I have oily skin, but IMO it doesn't matter. If I'm taking a sharp razor to my skin, I'll be using something to aid in moisturizing or soothing that skin.

Morning & night. Currently using Baxters a.m. and Yu-be p.m., but will sample a D R Harris when I've used these up

I have dry skin and live in the middle of the desert. I use baby lotion on my shaved head nightly and on my face I use Aloe Vera gel nighty. After shaving in the morning I use Proraso Pre/Post. I'm very happy with the results I get with this regiment but I'm always looking, and have yet to find, a less expensive alternative to the proraso pre/post.

Top Bottom