What's new

Dorco 300

Tried them, they kinda suck. Pulled in a horrible way and I am a Derby user!
Used a Derby for pass two. Smooth shave in the end. Maybe there is something to the Track II system with a dull blade pulling the hair out for the second blade to cut it off. I bet my face shows it in two days.

Made in Vietnam. My guess, Vietnamese beards are not as thick as Turkish.

I have never tried the Dorco blades. I heard very opposite comments about this blades, 301 and 300. Could somebody explain performance of those blades, or do some kind of test with those blades. Thanks.

Yes the Dorco 300 are utter crap. The 301 is much better, but only lasts a couple shaves, and is nothing compared to a good Gillette blade.

Yes the Dorco 300 are utter crap. The 301 is much better, but only lasts a couple shaves, and is nothing compared to a good Gillette blade.
I have the exact opposite experience with Dorco's. The 300's worked for me, not the sharpest but I get a few comfortable shaves out of them whereas the 301's are some of the worst blades I have ever tried.

Chris

YMMV and such. I don't mind the ST-300's; friendly but no overwhelming results, but I really dislike the Derby's (they have absolutely nothing going for me) and needed 4 ST-301's to finish one lousy shave and should have used at least one blade more.

I prefer the 301 blades to the 300's. the 301 blade is nice and smooth. The 300 is spotty. Have both to test in my blade trials.

They both sucked with my no date SS, and my 66 Slim.

They both where ok (not outstanding) in my RiMei?

I guess cheap blades in a cheap razor are a good pairing.

Dorco 300 and 301 are identical according to the manufacturer.
Technique variances may explain the wildly differing outcomes IMHO.

I think a beer bottle cap would give me a more comfortable shave than the Dorcos I picked up five for a buck. They're about as thick as a bottle cap too.

I had a very uncomfortable shave with the Dorco 300 in my r89. So bad in fact that I'm scared to have another crack. So much pulling!

I tried Dorco 300, not a bad first shave, but nothing special. Second shave told me I didn't want to go for round three. I won't buy them again unless my house burns down and I need to buy them from the shop down the street because I have nothing better.

I have the 301s and they are very decent shaves. I would compare then to a Derby or a Shark. They sell a 10 pack for a dollar here so they are relatively cheap.

I have used both 300 and 301. I don't like both of them. IMO, they are way below in quality than my favorite Polsilver Super Iridiums.

I have used both 300 and 301. I don't like both of them. IMO, they are way below in quality than my favorite Polsilver Super Iridiums.

Well, that would be a lot of blades that are below the PolSilver SI; it's just a top notch blade that few can compare to. Dorco are ok and priced well, but they are just a middle of the road performer in my books. I wouldn't consider them because you can get some great blades at a similar price point, but they are adequate if you really need something.

Top Bottom