What's new

Hot sauce junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I see what you mean, with all the Vinegar and Lemon Juice Concentrate may be bitter.

:laugh: It's guaranteed to start ulcers.

$I dont wan to hear it.jpg

scorned woman is by far my favorite hot sauce of all time it hot, but not so hot that you can't taste all the flavors in the sauce. you can get it by the case from mohotta mobetter

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
scorned woman is by far my favorite hot sauce of all time it hot, but not so hot that you can't taste all the flavors in the sauce. you can get it by the case from mohotta mobetter

Thats where I bought it from. I have not tried it, so I'll have to see my Brothers review.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I literally 3017'd my El Chupacabra this last week, its all gone. I'll let you guys pick from one of these for me to open next:

1. Ring of Fire Original Habanero hot sauce
2. Fire Dragon Chillies-New Zealand Green
3. Culley's Louisiana Habanero
4. Captain RedBeard's Sharkbite Habanero Pepper Sauce

$2028.jpg$NZ-Green-510x766.jpg$2539677374.png$1644.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
3017'd the El Chupacabra, that must of been a hot week.

Sorry Aaron I can not help you here. I have tried the first three and enjoy all of them for different reasons.
Is the sharkbite loaded with lemon or lime?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My vote is the New Zealand Green- we consume a lot of red hot sauces, but a green is a good change up.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My vote is the New Zealand Green- we consume a lot of red hot sauces, but a green is a good change up.

It has some fresh real wasabi (not the stuff in a tube pretending to be wasabi) and Horopito pepper in it. http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/shrubs-and-small-trees-of-the-forest/page-12

from their site:
This is one of the most unique HOT sauces we have made to date! It is made with all NZ grown chillies and produce including Coppers Folly pure wasabi, horopito pepper, kawakawa leaf and NZ extra virgin hemp seed oil. Peppery, punchy, complex, fruity and HOT with intense heat and flavours! Goes perfect with sushi, fish, pork, sausages, in a spicy pho or green curry!

Hey Aaron also said he was opening this one a few weeks back.............what happened?

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Your wish is my command.

It has some fresh real wasabi (not the stuff in a tube pretending to be wasabi) and Horopito pepper in it. http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/shrubs-and-small-trees-of-the-forest/page-12

from their site:
This is one of the most unique HOT sauces we have made to date! It is made with all NZ grown chillies and produce including Coppers Folly pure wasabi, horopito pepper, kawakawa leaf and NZ extra virgin hemp seed oil. Peppery, punchy, complex, fruity and HOT with intense heat and flavours! Goes perfect with sushi, fish, pork, sausages, in a spicy pho or green curry!

Hey Aaron also said he was opening this one a few weeks back.............what happened?

It's now opened and tested. It's hot for sure. The first flavor I get is from the kawakawa....:laugh:

$IMG_1003[1].jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I can't find the Fire Dragon Chillie sauces in the US. The one I have is a gift from Chris. But I found Culley's in the US, which is made in New Zealand.
I just sent them an email asking if there was a way to get their stuff here in the US. I mentioned that a NZ friend got me hooked on their Deadly sauce, and that I was interested in the New Zealand Green. I guess it is worth a shot.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I can't find the Fire Dragon Chillie sauces in the US. The one I have is a gift from Chris. But I found Culley's in the US, which is made in New Zealand.

He is small and young company. Grows all his own Chillies (super hots), I don't think he is ready for that market yet. His site shows he ships to the USA but international shipping is a killer.

Owen his Deadly Chili sauce won 1st place in XHOT section at World Hot Sauce Awards 2014 in Louisiana, USA.
If I recall correctly (yes I have a memory Aaron :001_smile) I sent you that one.
The awards are coming up again, it will be intersting if he defends it with the same sauce.
I think from the Fire Dragon range his Sh*t Hot Chipotle would be favourite.

Culley's is becoming my prefered brand here in NZ. He is a ex chef and this shows in the sauces IMO. They are more on the gourmet side, the heat is not OTT but sits on the medium side.
He does offer some that say they are hotter but I have yet to try them......yet

Top Bottom