What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
quick search and I found a feijoa hot sauce recipe.

I have some dried Bhut Jolokia pods but as this is more for SWMBO I will refrain...........this time.
The Kiwi fruit may get a bit of the heat treatment.......we will see.

Ingredients:
4 Bhut Jolokia peppers, with seeds, chopped finely (redder ones are hotter!)
4 cayenne peppers, chopped finely
8 cloves of garlic, crushed
0.5 cup onion, minced
1tbsp vegetable oil
0.75 tsp salt
1.5 cup water
0.25 cup cider vinegar
3tbsp white sugar
1cm minced ginger
6 peppercorns
Juice of 1 lime and zest
700g Feijoas, peeled and diced
Method:
Fry off oil, peppers, garlic, ginger, lime zest, peppercorns, onion and salt for 10mins. Add water and Fejoas, then simmer for 20mins, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and cool. Blend and then add vinegar, sugar and lime juice. Bottle in sterilised bottles.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
^^^This HS recipe is going to be nice and green. The 3 tablespoons of sugar along with the fruit will make it nice and sweet.

This looks interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Owen, we haven't heard from you regarding your homemade sriracha. Also, what other hot sauces (that we sent) have you opened?

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, we haven't heard from you regarding your homemade sriracha. Also, what other hot sauces (that we sent) have you opened?

I opened the Fire Dragon Chillies Deadly Chilli Sauce when I made masala. I haven't gotten any sriracha sauce out yet- been kind of broke :biggrin:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oh, ya'll are real funny. Since I'm out numbered I'll do it, but I've got to eat what I have opened. That includes 1-1/2 bottles left of my YeeHaw sauce.

-aye, aye.:tongue_sm

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
How many do you have open Aaron. Mine has dropped by a few over the past few week and a couple more are all but done.
I have one serving each of deadly passion and my Kiwi Fruit hot left.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've got 10 opened not counting Sriracha and Tabasco. I'm trying to 3017 my El Chup, but others keep getting in the way like Fury, Lottie's, Calypso and YeeHaw. It's all fun.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I had beef tacos last night and I saw a long untouch bottle of Pace salsa (hot) sitting in the door with just enough for the tacos. I finished it off to make room.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Peppers anyone? I can't believe I never thought to post a picture. It was a gift 20 years ago. Their color has somewhat faded. It's about 20" tall.

$IMG_0927.jpg

Top Bottom