What's new

Ink opinions

And here I was thinking this was going to be about tattoos. I keep forgetting that fountain pens are part of the B&B culture.

I wonder if Richard Binder thinks it's a good idea to defame people's products. I think it tarnishes his own reputation more than it hurts the “boutique” ink makers. Think about it.
i should preface this comment by saying that i have only used one kind of noodlers ink, and it was bought from west coast shaving (which should nail it down to about 2 different inks) and i wasn't overy impressed or under impressed by it.

however, richard is only defaming noodler's ink if what he says is untrue. i have read from many sources, richard included, that certain noodler's ink may cause damage to a pen.

I like to think of Noodler's ink as a bit of a minefield. Nathan makes some great inks that are fine and some "not so great for your pens" ink. I just don't want to go through the potential time, frustration, and expense to sort out which are fine and which aren't. That's also why I tend to steer folks who are new to fountain pens and ink away from Noodler's. Some people might enjoy trying all Noodler's has to offer, since experimentation is a lot of fun. It's a YMMV product for sure, and you have to know what you're getting yourself into. It would be frustrating to be new to the fountain pen game and start out with an ink that clogs or stains your pen.

-Andy

Last edited:
And here I was thinking this was going to be about tattoos. I keep forgetting that fountain pens are part of the B&B culture.

If you accidentally stick yourself with a Japanese fine nib, you end up with a small tattoo, so there's some overlap there.

-Andy

Top Bottom