What's new

Do you guys like Shave Sticks?

I'm kind of obsessed with them right now. I have about 7 different brands right now. I have been liking Arko a lot right now.

Anyone else like shave sticks?

I have been hearing good things about Tabac and it's on my wish list

@ Branford

i just got a stick of Lea and La Toja and I haven't tried them yet. I will soon

I like them as soaps, but I prefer the puck format. To that end, I usually grate and press them, usually into old pomade tins. I have one Speick, one Irisch Moos (same soap as Tabac, but a different scent), and I had one of Arko that got trashed (that was before I discovered this site and PIFing). Just didn't like the scent of Arko.

@ Branford

i just got a stick of Lea and La Toja and I haven't tried them yet. I will soon

I love the smell of the La Toja. Unfortunately, it burns me terribly. I hope you have better luck.

Another great, if not the best, shave stick is Valobra. Sadly, it is also the most expensive. It is the same as the old formulation of the Art of Shaving soap with tallow which was manufactured by Valobra.

I only used shave sticks for about a year. I sold off all my pucks of soap as I just liked dealing only on my face with soap and lather. There are too many amazing soaps out there thought that don't come in "stick format" for me to limit myself. Plus, I have really come full circle and enjoy lathering from the tin. I actually now sold off all my shave sticks.

I think for a beginner shaver they are much easier to lather but do feel that you limit yourself if you stick only with sticks as I once did.

I love the smell of the La Toja. Unfortunately, it burns me terribly. I hope you have better luck.

I love La Toja as well. I don't get severe burns but it does dry out my face justr a tad. I always use an ASB to get some moisture back into it.

Palmolive stick is wonderful too!

Another great, if not the best, shave stick is Valobra. Sadly, it is also the most expensive. It is the same as the old formulation of the Art of Shaving soap with tallow which was manufactured by Valobra.

I thought I was the only one who got burned by La Toja. I have never had that reaction to any soap before but La Toja irritated my skin. I second Valobra as probably the best stick.

@ FBones

you can use both sticks and pucks. Just rotate. No need to sell all your sticks. I use both. It just depends on my mood

I have La Toja and Arko. They're good when I use them, but I usually use pucks...MWF, Mike's, Pre de Provence. My next stick will be Mike's. I would love an MWF stick. :thumbup1:

I thought I was the only one who got burned by La Toja. I have never had that reaction to any soap before but La Toja irritated my skin. I second Valobra as probably the best stick.

La Toja burns a lot of people. I think it's something to do with the mysterious "sea salts" in the ingredient list.

Unfortunately, my skin is sensitive to many products. Not only does La Toja burn me, but I have similar unpleasant reactions to both Cella and MWF. Every time I read another thread about the near miraculous qualities of these three soaps, I die a little bit inside.:sad:

Luckily, there are so many fine soaps and cream from which to choose, particularly in the last couple of years, that I have more than a sufficient variety of products to enjoy (and enough quantity to last well after I shed my mortal coil).

@Rockero: Valobra may be expensive, but it does last a very long time.

I prefer sticks and use pucks as sticks. Muhle Sea Buckthorn sample puck, VDH deluxe, Tabac.
attachment.php

Top Bottom