What's new

How long does it take you to shower AND shave?

Here is my time-oriented SOTD.

I did a 2-pass DE shave. I didn't hurry, nor take my time so that it's a better indicator to me for future reference.

Obviously, it would differ if I used a straight or did a 3-passer. I timed it from the closing of the bathroom door to its re-opening. I was showered and dried at the 8:30 mark.

$DSC_0007.jpg

PS: The gear was put back on the shelves, I took it out again for the pic.

Shower 10 mins. Shaving 30 mins. I really do take my time. I can shave faster if I want with a good result but I go for the BBS.

I like to take my time in the morning. I take 40-45 minutes to brush my teeth, shower & shave. My kids leave for school at 0720, which is when I head for the shower. I'm clean, groomed, dressed and ready to work by 0810.

Shower, shave, wipe down sink and counter (I get water everywhere!), apply pomade and comb hair ... 30 minutes or so, if I don't rush. If I rush, it can take longer, to stop the bleeding.

I don't rush anymore no matter what!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
If a boar brush, it gets soaked during a 10 minute shower. Then about 10 more minutes for a 2 pass shave for a 20 minute total. I'm not in a hurry. Sometimes it goes for 30 minutes total.

Day in and day out, I would say 20-25 minutes for a comfortable shower, shave and clean up.

That said, I must admit to 50-60 minutes on a few occasions on the weekend. Just doesn't seem to be any reason to hurry. :)

I'm at about 25 minutes for just the shower and shave. It usually takes me a while to comb my hair just the way I want it; then, I have to wear a suit everyday, so that can cut into my morning time as well. Here's how it usually goes:

Get upShower
Shampoo
Wash
Dry
Deodorant
Boxers
Undershirt
Hair cream
Comb
Hair spray
Warm water
Make lather
Shave pass 1 WTG
Apply lather
Shave pass 2 ATG (assuming I shaved the day prior)
Warm water
Cold water
Dry
After shave
Clean brush and mug
Dress pants
Belt
Socks
Dress shirt
Cuff links
Tie
Tie bar