What's new

Tweezerman Shave Brush

I just ordered a tweezerman shaving brush from amazon. I would like to know what you all think of the brush and if you have used it. It will be my first brush and I will be using it with williams shave soap.:tongue_sm

I just ordered a tweezerman shaving brush from amazon. I would like to know what you all think of the brush and if you have used it. It will be my first brush and I will be using it with williams shave soap.:tongue_sm
One thing to remember, you only get what you pay for and even that, only if you are fortunate. As you do not have a great investment in this brush try it, enjoy it, and if you are not happy with it, try something else. Good luck and here's hoping you enjoy it.

I like my tweezerman brush, I like it a little better than my $5 boar hair brush. I like my AOS brush, from the starter kit, about $5 better than my tweezerman brush. Right now the AOS is filling my needs just fine. If and when I get the C.E. BB brush, will I like it $25 more than the AOS? I don't know. Try what you can, and use what you like.

I currently use a tweezerman brush and have no problems with it
of course, the only thing I have to compare to is the Burma Shave boar bristle, so I can't vouch for any of the other costlier brushes, but it meets my needs just fine

only complaint I have is the smell at first- you'll see what I mean when you go to use it.....

Good little brush for a great price. Smaller and stiffer than my C&E BBB, but I used it for the first 6 mos exclusively.

only complaint I have is the smell at first- you'll see what I mean when you go to use it.....

Good little brush for a great price. Smaller and stiffer than my C&E BBB, but I used it for the first 6 mos exclusively.

I didn't actually have any smell with mine.

I didn't actually have any smell with mine.

Mine also did not have a smell.

As the first post said, you get what you pay for. In my opinion, however, with the Tweezerman brush you will get more than you pay for. It was my first brush and, although I now have a Vulfix 2234 that I use primarily, I still go back to the Tweezerman quite often, especially when I'm using soaps.

It does have a wood handle that is not really sealed up all that great, so you might experience some flaking of the finish and some discoloration of the wood. However, if this does not bother you, it won't be a problem.

In short, the Tweezerman is a great little brush and a wonderful starting point, especially from a cost perspective.

One of the best bang for your buck items. It is worlds ahead of $5-$7 burma brush for only $3-$5 more.

It's not as nice as a C&E BBB but it is less than 1/3 the price so a fantastic starter brush or budget brush.

I bought mine for $10 and my Burma Shave for $5. For me, it was well worth it. It should work very well with Williams.

I've come to really appreciate and enjoy using the Tweezerman boars' hair brush. At first, I felt like I was only "settling" for a cheap brush. After going through a bout of Brush Acquisition Disorder, I found myself returning to the Tweezerman and it's now part of my regular brush rotation.

It works great for shaving soaps and some of the firmer creams. It's a great brush to use to learn how to face lather, too.

Its a good way to start and figure out if you like brush lathering. Next step is to get your self a tube of something cheap like proraso or go to bath and body works and pick up the C.O. Biggelow shave cream. Great deal for ten dollars. Next time you can step it up with a 35$ vulfix brush.

V

VR6ofpain

Be weary. The clear coating on mine cracked off and water started warping the wood handle...which caused more cracking (and more warping). I ended up ripping the badger hair plug out of the destroyed handle and epoxyed it into the plastic handle of a disected VDH boar brush. It works much better now.

Why anyone chooses to make a shaving brush (which will be soaked in water) out of wood is beyond me.

Its a good way to start and figure out if you like brush lathering. Next step is to get your self a tube of something cheap like proraso or go to bath and body works and pick up the C.O. Biggelow shave cream. Great deal for ten dollars. Next time you can step it up with a 35$ vulfix brush.

Just to make sure there's no confusion. CO Bigelow IS Proraso :biggrin:

You could also start with a pump bottle of KMF cream. Lathers up great, and is $6.99 for the bottle.

I got in my tweezerman a week ago and It work great. First of all it smelled quiet a bit worse than my VDH boars hair brush:9898:, and It shed a few hairs but nothing really bad. It still looses one or two hairs a shave but less than before. If this brush lasts me for the next several years I do not think I will spend the money on a more expensive one. If it breaks in the next several years I will buy another tweezerman.
It feels very nice on my face to:o16:.

J

Jarmo P

I got my Zweezerman brush last friday. It is a cheap brush with 10$ price from BeautyRose. In my case since I live in Finland added came 15.95$ shipping cost. Still it is cheap. Delivery was a bit slow since I got a message that it was shipped on 5th and arrived on 14th of march.

I can only compare it to my local bought 30 euro transparent handle Duroy brush and then to Omega 48 boar brush. First the boar brush is way too big and also the fibers are too stiff. So it was just something bought and to see if I like it. And now has been removed from my bathroom.

I really like my Duroy brush and the Tweezerman was ordered to have a second working badger brush to alternate between. And I think now after 2 shaves that I did a good acquisition to satisfy that demand.

Both brushes are quite small, which I like, the Zeezerman having a bit longer hairs while the Duroy has a bit wider shape and perhaps also the knob width is wider. Tweezerman's hairs are a bit stiffer at least for now, but not so that it would bother. And the tips are soft.

Both are quite small brushes that I like. My usage is first to load the brush from Tabac soap bowl for the first pass for face lathering. Subsequent 2 passes I apply Arko shave stick to my face and then relather. So a small brush feels much nicer to use than something that is all over my face when pressed and there is no need to worry if the lather is sufficient for second or third pass.

Both come with instructions to dry sideways. Duroy has an octagonal solid handle so it lays on top of my Tabac bowl lid very well.
Tweezerman unfortunately has a quite light wooden handle, so even if the roundess was not a problem, it is anyways not possible to dry it sideways hairs in the air, cause the hair part is more heavy than the handle. So it needs a brush holder. I have fortunaly to my bathroom mirror system also a "thing" that holds the brush very nice sideways, brush hairs slightly down, so it is optimum.

First shave on friday I noticed a smell from the Tweezerman. but did 2 dummy latherings after that with Tabac and another with Arko and this morning there was that badger smell not there anymore noticeable.

Tweezerman seems not a shedder. So with good care I think it will serve me for many years.

Jarmo

Great introduction to a badger brush for the money. Just keep some glue around for when the knot falls out of the handle. Was able to repair mine easily and it's better than new.

Of course I replaced it with a Simpson Duke 3... now there's a brush! :001_rolle

Top Bottom