What's new

I know I can't be the only one.

I have a pretty thick and full "ginger" beard despite my dark blonde/light brown hair. The mustache not only comes in the thinnest, but light golden blonde despite the full red chin, cheeks, & neck! It grows just as fast so if I shave the beard and leave the mustache, it is barely visible from a far. It's a surprise stache', not visible until 5 feet then woo where'd that come from?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the one place I hate growing hair the most: The damn unibrow, my grandfather has the same problem and the thing was passed onto me. I've never been able to shave the thing properly so I end up using the pop-up trimmer on an electric razor to keep it at bay.

Same brother I use the back blade on a proglide or the pop-up on an electric trimmer. I hate that damn unibrow.

I have a pretty thick and full "ginger" beard despite my dark blonde/light brown hair. The mustache not only comes in the thinnest, but light golden blonde despite the full red chin, cheeks, & neck! It grows just as fast so if I shave the beard and leave the mustache, it is barely visible from a far. It's a surprise stache', not visible until 5 feet then woo where'd that come from?

My friend's noggin' is "Ginger" but his beard and stache is dark dark brown. He says it's kinda weird but it is what it is.

So at the age of 27 I've been shaving about every 3 days since I was 15ish and to this day I can't grow a beard for the life of me. lol Dad has a mountain man looking beard that is uber thick and full as does my grandfather. I mean Cherokee blood runs strong in the family my Grandmother's grandma was full blooded Cherokee and Grandpa's mama was half Cherokee. Grandpa said he was almost 30 before he could grow a full beard. Dad on the other hand has had a burly beard since his early 20s. Well I decided in the middle of Oct. to let it grow throughout November and the beginning of Dec I went back to the shaving every other or every third day. The entire let it grow ended with a sorry excuse of a goatee with a few solo long hairs on the neck and check. So I'm sure I've entertained a good bit of yall and was wanting to know am I the only one with a joke of a "beard"? lol You guys have a good one.
You're not the only one. I have never attempted to grow a full beard but I suspect if I did it might be patchy in at least one spot. That being the case I will never grow a beard. There is nothing worse than a man with a patchy beard. A patchy beard is as bad as a comb-over. Look to the bright said, at least this gives you more real estate to shave:)

Ugh, I was able to grow a full beard at 14, lol, what a pain it's been since up until I discovered wetshaving a few months ago. Up until then, I would always use and electric beard trimmer as I would get worse rash using the plastic shavers.

I absolutely love wet shaving, do it every day now, no rash or ingrown hair when done properly pre and post shave.

I have read that onion juice rubbed on the face will promote hair growth, old wives tail with some truth in it? Let me know, ha ha.

You're not the only one.

To be fair, my father has very, very sparse stubble and I think I have a little more than him, but I can easily go 3 days between shaves without looking any more than a little bit scruffy. Every other day is my normal interval, just to keep clean shaven for work, but even then I don't really need to.

It drives me crazy that my moustache and goatee don't connect fully. It's like a tiny barren patch along the corner of my lips. Irritating.

I have that exact same issue. It doesn't look awful if I grow just the moustache and goatee out-people say it looks like a like French artiste or 'Jack Sparrow'-type beard. It looks ridiculous if I haven't shaved for a few days though, and have an otherwise full beard coming through; have had people ask why I'm shaving between my moustache and beard!

The wife finally made me trim this gnarly mess but it's going to come back but tamed a little better. Might add this stache I've pasted over mine as well. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391994465.867837.jpg

Ugh, I was able to grow a full beard at 14, lol, what a pain it's been since up until I discovered wetshaving a few months ago. Up until then, I would always use and electric beard trimmer as I would get worse rash using the plastic shavers.

I absolutely love wet shaving, do it every day now, no rash or ingrown hair when done properly pre and post shave.

I have read that onion juice rubbed on the face will promote hair growth, old wives tail with some truth in it? Let me know, ha ha.

I appreciate that bit of knowledge but I know SWMBO would kill me if I walked around smelling of onion lol.

You're not the only one. I have never attempted to grow a full beard but I suspect if I did it might be patchy in at least one spot. That being the case I will never grow a beard. There is nothing worse than a man with a patchy beard. A patchy beard is as bad as a comb-over. Look to the bright said, at least this gives you more real estate to shave:)

Yes sir lots of "real estate" to shave indeed. I definitely agree a patchy beard and comb overs are horrible on the face of anyone.

The few times I have grown a beard, I had to start the moustache two weeks earlier than the rest of my face. Otherwise, it would have looked very uneven.

Brother, Im almost 50 and cant grow a beard to save my life, I look like a 15 yo kid from the civil war with a bear. Im a regular Irish guy, I think the Greeks and the Italians and such are blessed with that thick hair and beard. I never had a 5 o clock shadow in my life.

I'm Italian and shave every 2 days because i want to. Otherwise, I could shave every 3 days and get away with it. And I'm 57...could probably grow a full beard but that would take at least 6 months.

I'm Danish and Norwegian. Full on Barbarian Viking. I can't grow a beard to save my life. After about a month I get kind of a scrubby, light goatee type deal. It's patchy at best.

I can't grow a full beard to save my life. I'll be 24 in a couple of weeks, and while I have a goatee of sorts, it doesn't connect around my mouth, and I have a BBS bald patch in the middle of my chin.
Same as this???

proxy.php

Welcome on board, my grandpa from my mothers side had the same pattern as the guy in the picture. I have inherited it from him because my father and brother had full beard growth. I'm 24 and I don't think it will change, it's fine with me nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom