What's new

Gold Dollar 2014 Competition

Do we need a 2014 Gold Dollar thread? Damn straight we do!

Warning! Using power tools on a straight razor blade can be very dangerous! DO NOT attempt to grind or reshape your blade unless you have experience and ALL the appropriate safety equipment in place.

proxy.php

I'll be subscribed to this.

It'd be really neat if the winner of this would auction it off (at the mods permission) for charity or something?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Following thread, but cant participate. Have never honed a razor in my life... yet.

You got 349 more days to learn. Go for it. I suggest cheap, effective, easy, no nonsense lapping film. Look for Blix's thread, now about 1600 posts long. Just read the first 1000 or so because the later posts perhaps lean more toward entertainment and amusement than useful content. Think of it as a book on honing, for free. You can provably get a good edge on your first attempt, and superb edges after a half dozen sessions. Thats typical, anyway. There is no cheaper way to get your first great edge. As fir the modding, all you need is sandpaper, a dremel, a few bits and pieces of stuff, a handful of Gold Dollars, some dedication and an imagination. And everybody is a winner, and we all get a prize... a sweet shaving straight that cost less than a fusion cartridge.

Okay...I'm in. I have a LOT to learn...but what better way than to jump in. I just ordered 4 #66s @$4ea to experiment with.

BTW... Chinese New Year is coming up...so order quick or you won't see anything until late March at a minimum!

Top Bottom