What's new

Liojuny silvertip

Anybody who knows or owns a liojuny silvertip? They seem really close to a Frank Shaving silvertip but are cheaper.
I'm in the hunt for a silvertip and the few reviews I have seen seem to be pretty good.
I'm a facelatherer and I read somewhere that a Finest would be a better option. Maybe I should just get both...

I have an LJ Alaska 26mm silver tip custom. It's white not black, butterscotch or hornand its a 26mm silver tip not the usual 24 or 26mm best. Its a real nice brush for the money. The knot is dense enough and as a face lather it seems ok on the back bone side of things. I've used soaps, creams and croaps all have been greated by the LJ and lathered a storm. As for who makes then I aint sure. The logo is the same script as FS but the price was way cheaper. It hasn't shed more than three or four hairs since new when it arrived in August 2013. It's soft on my old face and to be honest it gets more use than my Duke 2 in best. The handle seems quite heavy and if injection moulded they've done a good job on hidling any lines etc, as the finish is very good aswell. Here's mine.

$Lunjoy Alaska.jpg

I have one
It's very smooth and lovely
Of course does not have the backbone of an TGN knot but it's "pleasurable" in action.
For the price of few dollars it's a bargain.

I have both a 24mm Silvertip and a 24mm Finest. Handle-wise, both are very solid with a decent amount of heft and appear to be one continuous piece (no vertical/horizontal lines). Best brush value out there.

The Silvertip is of medium-high density, is very soft and has just a touch of backbone. Pretty good performance for both face and bowl lathering but it does take a tad longer to load harder soaps.

The Finest is my favorite brush - same density as above with the typical great Finest backbone and soft tips with 0 scritch. Excellent for both face and bowl lathering.

Atalk,

could you tell me if the finest is as soft as the silvertip or not? I've been looking for a silvertip as it is supposed to be the best and highest available badger, but a finest might be a better choice for a facelatherer.
I'm confused...:)

When dry, the silvertip is just a tad bit more softer. However, it is impossible to tell the difference once the knots are wet and full with lather. The finest has so much more backbone. Both are pretty darn good for face-lathering. I just prefer the finest because of the scrubbing sensation it provides. Seriously, buyer's remorse is pretty non-existent when you consider it costs ~$20 (including the $7 shipping) for a 24mm finest badger.

Yes indeed, I shouln't be nagging and just buy both. I'm thinking about a 24mm finest and a 26mm silvertip for an extra luxurious sundaymorning shave.

Top Bottom