What's new

Help me choose a pocket notebook

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I carry the B&B A6 Portfolio in my back pocket all the time. The leather now has that nice worn look to it, and the FC Journals break in real nice. I would be lost without it.

Bigfoot also has big pockets! Larger than mine at least. :huh:

I honestly couldn't tell ya. It is a cross and Century does sound familiar. I bought it back in 2002. It twists to open. And is missing the black tip. I think I've put 1 refill in it since I've had it. Never used it much but now I've found a good purpose for it. Fits nicely tucked in my front pocket in the back corner. Pretty durable being chrome too.
Here are the new Century 2's

$11.jpg$Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread, I've got a Rhodia being shipped from Amazon. That and a Fisher Space Bullet Pen. I've been carrying notebooks in my back pocket for a while, but never found one that was perfect. Going to give the Rhodia a try.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks to this thread, I've got a Rhodia being shipped from Amazon. That and a Fisher Space Bullet Pen. I've been carrying notebooks in my back pocket for a while, but never found one that was perfect. Going to give the Rhodia a try.

:thumbup: It's been really successful for me. I take it out of my back pocket and it has a permanent curve to it :laugh:

Hi,

I have always carried an IBM Think Pad, in leather, since I first went to work there in 1981. They are 3 x 4 1/2 inches. I would have to say it has held up well. I see reproductions are available online, although none of those are leather. Vinyl covered cardboard, I suppose. The originals show up on eBay all the time. IBM gave them away by the truckload.

Stan

Edit:

Along with a Fisher Futura pen with the pressurized Space Pen refill.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The Goulets have the Leuchtturm books, and I use the small ones, fit perfectly in my shirt pocket, and they would also fit well into pants pockets. They are a tad larger than the Field Notes, but they are much more FP friendly that the Field Notes. Field Notes are great with BP or pencils, but bleed through with FP, depending on the ink. I also have several Rhodia pads with the vinyl holders. Rhodia paper is the best for me.

I use the levenger pocket briefcase....using note cards for everything...if you a higher quality card, then a FP will work.

These work for me bcause the info I write down is then transferred down once I get in the office. Sometimes it is a message or list that I pass to someone else....it is in my back pocket all the time.

Hope this helps.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The Rhodia has held up nicely. I've carried it in my back pocket of my jeans and now it's also being used in my shirt pocket at work. I'm getting down to the final sheets so I ordered another one.
I also ordered the Clairefontaine in the same size to compare.

Doug (nemo) was correct - I have gotten used to the graph paper. Don't even notice it as I write.

Last edited:
I love the Rhodia pocket notebook. I've used mine up, but it lasted better than anything else I've used. I have a few older notebooks to use up next, but the Rhodia is on my list as a permanent addition to my EDC once those are gone.

Hi,

I have always carried an IBM Think Pad, in leather, since I first went to work there in 1981. They are 3 x 4 1/2 inches. I would have to say it has held up well. I see reproductions are available online, although none of those are leather. Vinyl covered cardboard, I suppose. The originals show up on eBay all the time. IBM gave them away by the truckload.

Stan

Edit:

Along with a Fisher Futura pen with the pressurized Space Pen refill.

Interesting. I'd like to see a pic if you're inclined to post one.

Legion

Staff member
I use the moleskine cahier, which I like because half the pages are perforated and can be removed neatly when needed. I made a simple leather cover to keep it in one piece longer.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom