What's new

Noodler's

I have 8 bottles of various Noodler's. Some I'll always have in my collection mostly because of a specific property they provide, others won't be replaced. Nathan's black is the best hard wearing ink I've found, I use it for addressing mail and the like. I sign my art with Blue Ghost and White Whale.

For just the sheer joy of running ink through a fountain pen I prefer other inks--Iroshizuku inks being my current favorite. Lexington Grey is my favorite grey; I will always have a bottle of that.

Out of curiousity, what kind of ratio do you gents use when diluting 54th Mass.?

Get radical and adjust by the pen line and shading. Even over 50% diluted works. Just refilling straight the ink in the pen will get darker as the concentrating effect of drying accumulates. This increased pigment is often in the feed portion unless you flush well.

I have 3 Noodler's inks - Apache Sunset (no troubles even in a M205), 54th Massachusetts and bulletproof Black. I usually use something else in my Esterbrook J, but for the most part the worst issues I have is some nib creep.

+1—I'd be very interested to hear how much dilutes it for use without washing it out.
Right now I am using it at 5:1 and it shades ok but the color is a bit flat ,a little like D'Atramentis Fog Grey.

In the past I have used it at 8:1 and it looked pretty normal, it just flowed a little better. Either way the ink always feels a little grabby to me, no matter the pen or dilution.

Top Bottom