What's new

Item of the Week - TOBS Soap/Cream

This week we will focus on using TOBS soaps and creams. I've been neglecting my Mr. Taylor's cream lately, but I resolve to remediate that situation this week.

Post your holiday themed SOTDs for our entertainment!

~ TOBS Mr. Taylor ~ 59' Fat Boy (7,3,2) / New Feather ~ Restored Made Rite Finest (TGN) ~ Myrsol Emulsion ~

Frank :cool:

I've been looking forward to dipping into my TOBS creams, so let's go.
Monday afternoon shave before dinner and show.
Prep with shower and Musgo Glyce
TOBS lavender cream+ Kent BK12
Filly 12 in two light passes
Then cool washcloth and again infused with Clubman.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 218
I'll be happy to participate by dipping into my tub of TOBS Jermyn St.! I've only used it once and can't wait to use it again.

Slim w/PolSI
Semogue 610
TOBS Avocado
Proraso balm

Avocado cream is currently my only TOBS product. It is a very nice, smooth lather and I will use it for the week.

Wow so many great options to choose from!!! I'm going to go with………… Grapefruit tomorrow! Yay! :biggrin1:

- Badger Bill

I'm in Indonesia so phoning is unlikely :-D.

Do you skype or vibre?
You can email.
also, Garry and Travis both have TOBS samples in stock. As well as man machine sample shop (uk).
lookup Garry's sample shop and the wet shaving sample shoppe.
not sure what their shipping policies are.

Can't wait to have my first shave of the week tonight. Mr. Taylors Cream or Sandalwood soap? Life is full of tough choices.

Does super lather count? I just shaved 15 minutes ago with Cella and TOBS Sandalwood. Smoooth, and smells really good.

Today's shave:

TOBS Jermyn St. Cream
Gillette New short comb w/Voskhod blade (1)
Kent BK8
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
TOBS Bay Rum AS

What a wonderful shave!!!! Love the Jermyn St. TOBS will always be in my den. It's the first cream I tried when I started wet shaving many years ago (avocado, then).

Today's shave:

TOBS Jermyn St. Cream
Gillette New short comb w/Voskhod blade (1)
Kent BK8
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
TOBS Bay Rum AS

What a wonderful shave!!!! Love the Jermyn St. TOBS will always be in my den. It's the first cream I tried when I started wet shaving many years ago (avocado, then).

cool. what does jermyn st smell like?

December 3, 2013 Tuesday Evening Shave

Prep: Face Wash
Brush: Restored Made Rite Finest (TGN)
Cream/Soap: TOBS Shaving Shop
Razor: 1959 Gillette Fat Boy (7,3,2)
Blade: Feather (2) and a two pass shave with touch ups

DFS!

Frank

cool. what does jermyn st smell like?

I don't really know how to describe it. To me, it's a cologne type scent, but not too strong. It's very, very nice.

I just looked at the TOBS web site. There, they describe Jermyn St.'s scent as follows:

A modern fresh fougere fragrance with bergamot, lemon, lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium, neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk, patchouli and vanilla. An allergen free fragrance which contains Patchouli oil.

Last edited:
I REALLY wish I could join this week BUT I still have a beard and I will have it until Monday when I get back from my hunt.
Bad timing!

Top Bottom