What's new

Kiss my face

I couldn't disagree with the OP more. Though I haven't tried this particular scent, I use the Lavender and Key Lime a lot...if I had to pick a favorite cream it would be KMF...

Picked up a small tube of patchouli at a discount store for $2. I like the scent of patchouli and figured what the heck, even though I don't need another cream/soap in the rotation.

Tried it for the first time this morning. As mentioned you do need to use a little more than I have used with my other creams. I found it to be very slick and ended up with a DFS this morning.

I have never used anything but the KMF unscented. it works great, but as others have stated it takes a bit more product than some high-end creams. Typically I use it is super/uber lathers and find it to be fantastic for that use.

I guess I'm one of the ones who likes and gets great lather + results with KMF. I actually started out wet shaving with the Lavender scent, and then later I added Mint. To me the mint isn't nearly as nice as the lavender both in terms of fragrance and slickness. The mint lather just seems a little more dry and pasty; maybe I haven't found the ideal water ratio yet.

I also have some C.O. Bigelow cream and I prefer KMF Lavender over it. I probably wouldn't buy the mint again but I keep it in my rotation of the three (as SCAD sets in I plan on adding lots more :) )

I've also been using unscented KMF for super/uber lathers and like how it speeds up the volume of lather vs a soap alone.

This morning was KMF alone and it built up very fast, just what I wanted on my rushed morning, but the first pass was draggy with little to no slick whatsoever. For the second pass I whipped in some Cremo cream and that was muuuuch better.

My theory is actually that it's too easy to lather. It seems to me that it will whip higher and higher adding more and more air until the lather is more air than product. I think if I would have stopped whipping sooner the KMF on it's own would have worked fine.

Has anyone else seen this?

Using mostly soaps I whip until I can't get any more volume, then add a touch of water and repeat until it looks right, I can still keep going with more water and get sort of the same effect but it turns wet/soupy instead of airy/cloudy like the KMF seems to.

My theory is actually that it's too easy to lather. It seems to me that it will whip higher and higher adding more and more air until the lather is more air than product. I think if I would have stopped whipping sooner the KMF on it's own would have worked fine.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes I have. If I added too much water too soon and it is too bubbly I actually beat down the lather with a brush . I squash down on it and re-whip the lather until squashing down on it with a brush no longer works... and then I know I have rescued the lather.

I just used KMF Lavender with rain water and a Schick I-1 Injector, applied as a brushless, used the same way a non-lather cream like Pacific Shave Cream is used, and it was very slick, which I liked, since none of the latherless types I have tried are particularly slick. We're having a drought here, so rain water is in short supply. Our tap water is extremely hard, and makes shaving less than pleasant. For a little history, I started using rain water a couple of decades back for shampooing my hair, while I still had a lot more on top than now. The results were a great deal better.

When I switched from tap water to rain water for shaving, and from canned foams back to classic products, I was happy with my results. The drought has led me to the brushless / non-lathering procedure to stretch the supply of water without having to buy bottled water. I use an electric hot water pot when I want to feel the pleasure of hot and warm water, but have discovered that I get as close of a shave with room temperature water as with warmed water, so when I feel any sense of a hurry, I don't heat my water, although some creams leave a lot more residue in my razor with "cold" water (today, I heated up the water I used, so I don't know whether KMF Lavender will rinse off as nicely as some of the tested creams will).

I've used KMF Lime, Patchouli, and Mint and have gotten very good results from all. Almond size product, a few drops of water and hand lather for just 30 sec with a well shaken Omega boar brush. Slick, protective lubrication whether triangle-slot Tech, NEW LC, or Razorrock Jaws. if you're on a budget, I don't know that you can find a better "cream" for the money (last year I ordered four 11 oz pump bottles from Amazon for $22 shipped)...and it does make for a great superlather, too.

My recent experience with KMF unscented have gone like this:

Lather with my brush was just OK. If I use a lot of product, the lather is decent but tends to dry and lose some of its lubricating effect toward the end of the pass.

Using it without a brush is a different story. I use the same amount of product and just rub it on the beard. No real lather but very good cushioning and lube throughout each of my 2 full passes. Be aware, though: It's slow to rinse off my face and the sink, and I need to rinse my razor with extra care to get rid of the residue.

Before I got turned on to the full wet shave thing, I used to shave with KMF and a cartridge razor in the shower. It kept its lubricating and cushioning effects there too.

So my take is that KMF is fine for light travel or a quick shave with good results. But for normal shaves I still prefer the full brush-with-hard-soap approach.

I tried it this morning and got a pretty good shave (using the mint BTW). It does bother me a tiny bit that I have to use about twice the amount of product to get a good lather. Of course I may need to dial in the water level so maybe I haven't optimized my procedure with KMF. I could see adding a drop or too of liquid soap for a super lather.

As others say, I also need to use a lot of product. Probably 4 full pumps on the pump action bottle. Gives a good shave for sure. However there is just something "boring" about it. Just feels like something a lady should be using on her legs. You know what I mean? I don't picture James Bond using Kiss My Face in a shaving scene when he reaches for his cream! LOL

You need more because it's runny. It's runny because it's more dilute than a regular cream. Use twice as much as, say, Proraso, and you will be rewarded with goodly lather.

I normally use a pump and a half to get a good lather for head shaving.
KMF may be among those that doesn't work as well in hard water. I have only used it with either distilled water or rain water, and I get by with just one pump's worth, usually.

I got a pump bottle of the unscented as a bday gift for myself a week ago. A pump and a half whipped with distilled water was way more than enough for an ez 3 pass. Same pump and a half and distilled was just enough to do the wife's legs, could've used a full 2 pumps. Lather was on point and slick. I thought I didn't quite need after balm on the finish, used it still. Wife said she felt nice and moisturized with a clean shave, and for sure felt good enough not to need aftercare, but still followed up with kmf olive aloe lotion.

This stuff is nice. I bought it at a Kroger grocery store for $5.99 in the 11 oz. pump bottle. I won't say that is it as good as any of the higher end creams I have from the U.K. but for the price it is a winner. I think the menthol level is adequate, the lather, and the amount needed. Slickness is a bit lacking but I got a DFS this evening.

Only problem: The !@#$ pump doesn't work so I had to unscrew the top to get at the cream. I haven't decided what to do about that but in the mean time, I can live with that minor inconvenience.

Top Bottom