What's new

Feather Artist Club Pass Around/Tour

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Did a Couple more shaves, the SS w/pro is my favorite. Smooth, easy 2 pass, very little alum burn. It seems to have a better feel in my hand w/o the extra bump in the handle. YMMV

List updated.

mrlandpirate (shaving)
Lineman
Cut Throat
jpakstis
Mr Wiggly
jtyson

See the first post for details regarding the tour. Please contact me if you meet the requirements and are interested in joining.

Last edited:

mrlandpirate

I have it ready to go to jpakstis he was next when I got it, whats up? Glad I looked it was out bound in the am.

mrlandpirate

last couple shaves were great. SS / PRO this is the combo for me. Easy to control and just wipes away the beard. Glad I joined the pass it was a lot of fun. I will follow and see how others like them. Thanks Mike Great Pass Around! Will send it out today to lineman. Enjoy!

Last edited:

mrlandpirate

We have lift off Tracking 1655428775 $300 ins. Thanks again Mike great pass around.

Last edited:
Got the razors this morning yay so excited. Got them in a barbicide bath for 10 min now just will try my first shave soon. Thanks again Mike for this great opportunity

So shaved with the SS and feather pro blade wow its sharp lol little different then the str8s I'm used too. But nice smooth one pass shave with 3 days growth. Was going to do a 2 passer but had several nicks and weepers so stopped at one. Aside for that 95% BSS and no alom sting other then the cuts.

Razors are in the mail
$300 insurance and signature required
Tracking number VH 438 240 443 us
Thanks again Mike they are beautiful razors and I loved being able to try them.

List updated.

jpakstis (shaving)
Mr Wiggly
jtyson
sucker_dad

After this group has their turn I am going to bring the razors back home for a visit, as my best friend wants to give them a try. Afterwards they may make their way back out on the road so please feel free to contact me if you have interest. Participation details are in the first post.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the opportunity. Truly awesome of you. I'm looking forward to trying my hand with these!

List updated.

Mr Wiggly (awaiting delivery)
jtyson
sucker_dad
D33K4Y

Okay...after THIS group has their turn I am going to bring the razors back home for a visit, as my best friend wants to give them a try. Afterwards they may make their way back out on the road so please feel free to contact me if you have interest. Participation details are in the first post.

Thanks.

Good day gentlemen, I'm a new occasional lurker of this forum, I just registered to ask a question on this thread. Later I will do the presentation in the correct section of the forum.

I am about to buy a new razor and am uncertain between a feather ss with Japanese handle or a Kai captain standard also with Japanese handle.
I read all of the threads and reviews on the Internet, but couldn't make up my mind about which one would be the best. Please take into account that here in my country these things are not sold, so I need to import it from outside Europe, which means a lot of money in taxes and duties.
They both cost quite a few bucks, not THAT high in general, but quite a lot for my situation. I therefore have only "one shot" in my gun, and need to pick up something that won't make me repent after the first uses, since there's no way for me to sell it easily nor at a reasonable price that would let me change mod.
I hope it's clear what I mean, please forgive my language errors.

That said, I read everything about the peculiar head of the ss and it's protective lip, but still don't know if it's a good thing or not. Therefore the above mentioned indecision.
I don't want to buy it and then after a few uses find that it's too on the beginner's side (forgiving but also limited), but I also don't want to buy the KAI and then find it too difficult (and bloody) to use, and become discouraged after a few uses and end up relegating it in the farther drawer of the bathroom.

So my question is this: can someone please tell me something "definitive" about this particular lip of the ss in relation to the user's ability, and in particular if it could leave me "wanting for more" soon, therefore leaving me fast with the itch of an upgrade?
And on the other side, could it be possible for an average user to directly start from something like the KAI or maybe feather RG model without being too much discouraged due to the probable initial problems? How much different are the two heads in practical use, leave alone theory and geometry for a moment? (let's leave the blade topic apart though, that's another problem and AFAIK there are quite a few choices each with its own design).

Please take into account that I have been shaving for some months with DEs and lately with a Parker shavette. I'm not an expert, but since the first time I always obtained perfect bbs shaves without cuts or nicks (well maybe one or two little blood spots in one or two occasions, but only when almost "seeking" the problem by getting too perfectionist or too cocky). I can safely say that I can shave better and with less issues with the Parker than any of my 6 7 DEs
So all in all I guess I am an intermediate user, not a pro but neither an absolute beginner, and have a sufficiently steady hand...

Sorry if this post is a bit out of place, but this is the only active thread about the feather ss, and the one in which every participant actually knows what we are talking about!!! ;)
Cheers and thank you for your patience and help! See you later on the presentation section of the forum!

Not too long ago Feather only made the RG and DX models, and they had a big following here on B&B. Wet shavers had no other choice. Today I think many of those seeking a shave closest to a "real straight" - whom have used all models - prefer the RG and DX to the newer SS model. I think part of that is the head design.

Your experience may differ, but if faced with picking one I would suggest the RG or Kai. There is also the cheaper Korean CJB.

Last edited:
Excited to try these out, want to try head shaving with one because using my traditional straight dulls the edge quickly, and my parker "shavette" lacks weight and blade size.

Not too long ago Feather only made the RG and DX models, and they had a big following here on B&B. Wet shavers had no other choice. Today I think many of those seeking a shave closest to a "real straight" - whom have used all models - prefer the RG and DX to the newer SS model. I think part of that is the head design.

Your experience may differ, but if faced with picking one I would suggest the RG or Kai. There is also the cheaper Korean CJB.
Thank you for your help, your answer is crystal clear and I finally took this difficult decision by following your advice and explanation! I'll go for the KAI with Japanese handle first, and then in the next months I'll look to expand my collection with a feather model, probably the ss itself (just out of curiosity).
Thank you very much!

Top Bottom