What's new

Lmarkow's Chicken Diary

This one's a dead ringer for Creed's Green Irish Tweed (also own, not giving it away :), at least to my busted up nose. Good chance SWMBO will insist you keep it, unless she already is demanding oud, oud, and more oud.

This one's a dead ringer for Creed's Green Irish Tweed (also own, not giving it away :), at least to my busted up nose. Good chance SWMBO will insist you keep it, unless she already is demanding oud, oud, and more oud.

Sadly, the other half isn't as much into fragrances and such on me. I either get "It's not bad" or "It's ok"... or the "I don't like that one...". The only thing she ever really fell in love with is the Captain's Choice bay rums... both original and Cat'O'Nine Tails versions. But, we'll see. :)

So I guess I've failed the TabacTober game. I'm told relying on my Tabac deo is too lawyerly, even though the game was posted in the General Shaving section, not the soap sub-forum. Whatever.

Nice shave with IanS.'s mystery soap. That's not what he calls it, fyi, I just have a gnat's sized memory for this kind of stuff. Great, slick lather for the Fili 13 in bone, which was up to the task. AS was TOBS sandalwood gel, followed by Agar Attar oil.

All right then I'm out too. I only own the soap, but its the principle of the thing, I tell you! (I wouldn't have lasted longer than the day after tomorrow anyway, I'm going out of town and the tabac is in the glass bowl -- not made for travel. plus, mikes coconut has been calling louder and louder)

I think I'm really calling myself out; no one else really cares. It seems most of the other participants are soap-focused. That's cool. I've got some new Jabonman soaps to enjoy. But I am going to participate in the Nov. Restraint.

I might have to join you in the Nov. restraint--I sure could use a little restraint in my razor purchases right now. It should help with that 'quasi-minimalist' concept I'm trying to cultivate.

I might have to join you in the Nov. restraint--I sure could use a little restraint in my razor purchases right now. It should help with that 'quasi-minimalist' concept I'm trying to cultivate.

Come on in, the water is fine! There's just not a lot of it....

I'm past my restraint days. lol I did a whole year, then made it another 1/4 year or so after that, but that was enough to pretty much break my splurge spending AD's.

I'm pretty sure I won't make a month. I have proven myself unrestrainable, in many respects. Only serious stuff and threats have previously made me change my ways (e.g., smoking, drinking, Snicker's, etc.). But heck, if I didn't set myself up for failure and/or throw ridiculous obstacles in my path, I wouldn't be typing to you from this dungeon office right this second. lol

Nice shave with the old Red Triangle Geneva Cutlery #7 razor:

$SAM_0158.jpg
QCS GIT-type soap, Proraso green, and Penhaligon's English Fern, and I'm sporting a serious post swim, you've been real athletic already scent down here. Now to sit on my butt for the rest of the day, waiting for moor Oud oil from Amman.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You sound like me on the yearly sabbatical :lol:

BTW, keep those pics coming. They make my day (or my morning anyways!). Wish I had more time for an AM photo, but after shaving, my mornings are consumed by making breakfast and work lunch for SWMBO and I, as well as posting/reading here.

So, the Cool Water was actually a win with the other half. She actually likes it, not just neutral on it! She also likes the vetiver I picked up from L'Occtaine the other day, so I'll have to get some samples of the Fine vetivers as well, to check them out. So awesome, and thanks on the Cool Water, it will definitely be used and highly appreciated here. :D

BTW, keep those pics coming. They make my day (or my morning anyways!). Wish I had more time for an AM photo, but after shaving, my mornings are consumed by making breakfast and work lunch for SWMBO and I, as well as posting/reading here.
I usually don't take pics in the morning. I have a couple of each razor that I reuse. That way as they get more and more "patina," I don't look like the slob straight shaver I really am.

So, the Cool Water was actually a win with the other half. She actually likes it, not just neutral on it! She also likes the vetiver I picked up from L'Occtaine the other day, so I'll have to get some samples of the Fine vetivers as well, to check them out. So awesome, and thanks on the Cool Water, it will definitely be used and highly appreciated here. :D

Excellent, I'm glad you both like the CW! FYI, Geurlain Vetiver is a classic, gorgeous perfume, and it's reasonably priced.

Top Bottom