What's new

Lmarkow's Chicken Diary

Anyone recognize this?
$uploadfromtaptalk1428279695551.jpg

Thanks Phat, it is special to me. The fish on the wall is too. My dad caught it and had it mounted about 35 years ago.

Pleased to see that my touchup on the Old Gall has held up for a second shave. lol. Even more pleased with the results of the shave, given my lather failure. Once again, I pooched the Tabac. That's right, you read it here. I'm the only wetshaver in the world who can (and does) pooch Tabac. But the Old Gall, with a light touch and proper prep, could shave comfortably over ivory bar soap, I'm pretty sure. No reason to test this theory, as this morning's soupy scuttle mess was sufficiently perilous.

Also perilous was a trip to one of the malls near where I grew up down in Jersey. Rolex boutique, Omega boutique, Art of Shaving, Pen store (forgot name), Nordstroms, etc. I went into each, but spent $0, until I hit Allen Alden, the store I was in the mall for in the first place. New pair of Daltons in bourbon are on the way. I consider that a pretty lucky trip for this deprived country bumpkin (which I never realized I was, until yesterday. lol).

BTW, the kid in the AoS store had a full beard. He took some lip from me; I couldn't resist. I guess I should have bought something.

That's the plan, but I'm finding the wide variety of brushes has made me dumb. I keep loosing track of how may shakes before loading . . . .

[that doesn't sound right]

That's the plan, but I'm finding the wide variety of brushes has made me dumb. I keep loosing track of how may shakes before loading . . . .

[that doesn't sound right]

Then the thing to keep in mind is you can always add water to the top of the puck if the brush is too dry while loading, but removing water is a lot more difficult. Err on the side of shaking too much, instead?

I was way heavy handed adding back the water today. The second splash looked like Shamu had landed in my scuttle. I shaved anyway.

Whale of a shave, in the end. I'm still touching my face. lol

My parents had one of those in the basement. It got tossed this weekend. I did a whole bunch of cleaning out down there . . . .

This morning's shave started with me thinking I should feel sorry for the Tuesday Turtle. Until they decide to swap around the days of the week, the little dude is destined to follow the Old Gall, every seven week until I'm too feeble to use a proper razor. Worse still for the little fella, today it followed a freshly touched up Old Gall. I kept checking the shaved lather (Musgo Real, classic) to make sure there were removed whiskers in there Sure enough there was a streak of grey and black color, not really hair, with each swipe deposited on the sponge. The little guy, though not the easiest to shave with, punches way above his weight.

Great great shave, finished by another great fragrance culture clash. I used TOBS sandalwood gel and a new Agar Aura "Sample A" I recently received from Mark at The World in Scents. I don't think this oil is named yet and is not otherwise available. Fantastic.

Top Bottom