What's new

New Speick shaving soap in bowl

These new bowl options are really introducing a complication to my life that I am not wholly prepared for:lol: I have enough wants in life already, I don't have to start introducing new needs at this moment!

Edit: Okay, nevermind, see post 7, crisis averted.

Last edited:
I see it is part of the Speick Men Active line, which is all natural and has no animal products.

From the site:
100% free from synthetic fragrances and colours, preservatives, silicones, parabens and
mineral oil-based ingredients. Vegan.

Soap ingredients listed in the PDF:

INGREDIENTS
Aqua
Potassium Stearate
Sodium Stearate
Glycerin
Potassium Cocoate
Sodium Cocoate
Valeriana Celtica Extract
Parfum
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
Sodium Chloride
Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
Citral, Limonene, Linalool

I wonder if it is a croap version of the Active cream? The Active cream is slick
but for me it didn't lather as well as the Speick Men cream and soap stick.

Here is my post on the Speick Men Active Cream and Aftershave splash from January.

I too received my Speick Men Active cream and aftershave lotion the other day.
$speickactive.jpg

So far I've used the cream for two shaves. As Talal mention there is very little scent straight out of the tube.
When lathered the scent comes out a bit more. To my nose it has a slightly lemony, herbal scent. I can pick
out the Speick but it is not as pronounced as the standard Speick Men shave cream. The lather was nice and
slick and my razor glided with ease.

Here are the results of my third lather with the cream.
$spieckactive1.jpg

I finished with the Speick Active after shave lotion. It has the same lemony herbal scent of the cream.
The scent doesn't seem linger like the standard Speick Aftershave Lotion, but it did leave my face
feeling soothed and moisturized.
$speickactiveAS1.jpg

Here are some shots of the ingredients listed on the boxes.

$speickactiveSC2.jpg $SpeickActiveASL.jpg

Interesting ingredients list on the AS lotion - witch hazel, alum, menthol, plus the speick extract of course. Do you like it.

Wow, that was fast. I ordered from Shaving.ie on the 18th and the soap arrived today.
The scent is the same as the other products in the Men Active line. To my nose they
have a nice herbal lemon peppery woodiness, if that makes sense.

I'll give this soap a go tomorrow and post some images of my results.

Here it is:

Nice package.
$speickactivesoap1.1.jpg

Ingredients printed on the bowl seal.
$speickactivesoaping.jpg

Consistency is very soft.
$speickactivesoap3.1.jpg

Side note:

It appears to be the same polypropylene bowl used for Savon Du Midi soft soaps.
Even the ingredient stickers were wrapped around the bowl the same way.
proxy.php

Wow, that was fast. I ordered from Shaving.ie on the 18th and the soap arrived today.
The scent is the same as the other products in the Men Active line. To my nose they
have a nice herbal lemon peppery woodiness, if that makes sense.

I'll give this soap a go tomorrow and post some images of my results.

Here it is:

Nice package.
View attachment 379321

Ingredients printed on the bowl seal.
View attachment 379322

Consistency is very soft.
View attachment 379325

Side note:

It appears to be the same polypropylene bowl used for Savon Du Midi soft soaps.
Even the ingredient stickers were wrapped around the bowl the same way.
proxy.php

Any update on the soap?

I had a nice three pass shave with the new Speick Men Active bowl soap today and it was great. Right away I noticed that the scent of the new bowl soap is a little bit different
when compared to the Speick Men Active shave cream, which reminded me a bit of toothpaste. The new bowl soap smells almost exactly like the Men Active aftershave splash.

I won't compare it to the Speick Men stick because they have very different ingredients, but for a vegan soap the new bowl soap lathered well and didn't collapse during the shave.
It was nice a slick and my face felt great after the shave. Topped it off with Men Active Splash and my face feels wonderful.

Here is the lather I made with the new bowl soap.
$SpeickMenActiveBowlSoap2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom