What's new

De Atramentis Michelangelo Ink Reiew

Review of another DeAtramnetis ink I recently aquired. This ink is very fast drying a plus left hand writers. Slight amount shading adds to the color, a gold yellow color with just a hint of orange. Other comparable inks would be Noodler's Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Shoreline. I prefer the behavior of the DeAtramentis ink over the other two. A great ink for the fall.

Attachments

• $Top.jpg
    $Top.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 76
I think another comparable ink color might be the Pelikan Amber. It is a bit lighter, but looks to be in the same colour family…

Vik havomg just had the chance to play woth the Pelikan ink... did you ise a niki Falcon for that or was ot a pilot with a FA nib ?, it looked great either way

Nice review again coyote, two inks from a brand we have yet to see much about here

Vik havomg just had the chance to play woth the Pelikan ink... did you ise a niki Falcon for that or was ot a pilot with a FA nib ?, it looked great either way

Nice review again coyote, two inks from a brand we have yet to see much about here
Thank you

DeAtramentis inks are not normally talked too much. They put out a line of scented inks that seem turn people away the inks all together. I have a bottle called Mandragora that is scented that smells like a wet forest floor, a really unusual green ink color. Next time I load a pen with it I will do a review. I will post additional ink reviews after I clean my current rotation of pens, I have 50+ plus inks to choose from.

DeAtramentis inks are not normally talked too much. They put out a line of scented inks that seem turn people away the inks all together. I have a bottle called Mandragora that is scented that smells like a wet forest floor, a really unusual green ink color. Next time I load a pen with it I will do a review. I will post additional ink reviews after I clean my current rotation of pens, I have 50+ plus inks to choose from.

Between the scented inks and the duplication of inks across their many lines, I have never ventured into DeA inks. Thanks for posting your reviews.

The finer line writing was a Platinum Preppy (with a fine nib). The wider lines were a medium Manuscript (from a calligraphy set I bought at Michael's art supply store. Don't remember the actual branding of the set.) Going back, the fine line doesn't look as bad as I thought. May have been the lighting… Though I do like the look of the calligraphy nib in this ink.

And it looks like the first letter from the 3rd ink has been posted, from Singapore, with the Ruby Red ink!

Last edited:

I got several samples of the scented inks when Goulet was closing them out. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. (I only have one real daily writer that is refillable.I don't really count the calligraphy set pens as daily writers.)

Top Bottom