What's new

Pilot Metropolitan animal series

Has anyone seen these pens? I was going to order a silver dots Metro on gouletpens.com and saw new ones listed as coming soon, without pictures. They are the Crocodile, Leopard, Lizard, Python, and White Tiger. I guess I'll wait to see what they look like before I order my Metro.

I have never seen them. I only have their silver and gold pens. Didn't care for the Medium nib and swapped it out for the Pilot 78g Broad nib, instead. The body is solid and the Broad nib works very well with it.
Good luck with the search.

UPDATE: They're not in stock yet but now we have pictures. One is black, two are silver, one is gold, and one is blue. The animal pattern is where the plain, dots, and zigzags bands are on the other pens. Speaking of the dots and zigzag pens, they will eventually be discontinued.

I like the crocodile and lizard, they look pretty good. By they will be discontinued, your talking of the dots and zig zags only correct?

Yes, just the dots and zigzags-according to the Goulet newsletter.

Last edited:
*whispering* Observe the blue leopard. It has adapted this bizarre color and pattern to better blend in with its urban environment, where fountain pen ink often falls like the tropical rains prior generations of its magnificent relatives once enjoyed.:syn:

-Andy

Last edited:
I looked at them and wasn't particularly impressed. I have a plain black one and like it much better. The new animal series look kind of cheap and tacky. :thumbdown

My 4th grader has a thing for white tigers. I think maybe this and a bottle of Yama-Budo might be in order for a birthday in a few months...

I looked at them and wasn't particularly impressed. I have a plain black one and like it much better. The new animal series look kind of cheap and tacky. :thumbdown

Yeah. I'm probably going to get a couple 78g's instead.

Disappointed, the marketing made them seem like the pens would be completely "skinned" the same as the animal.

*whispering* Observe the blue leopard. It has adapted this bizarre color and pattern to better blend in with its urban environment, where fountain pen ink often falls like the tropical rains prior generations of its magnificent relatives once enjoyed.:syn:

-Andy

:lol:

Top Bottom