What's new

Whipped Dog Brushes?

I need to snag up a 30mm boar and a 24mm synethic knot from Larry.

I have the 22m silver tip from him and it is still an amazing brush after 6-7 months!

Just ordered my first WD black pure badger brush and at the same time it's my first ever badger brush. Read some good reviews etc. about the brushes and thought to give it a go as i was thinkig getting my first badger brush anyway.

Ordered it in 24mm butterscotch resin handle and for a 26$ inc. shipping to Finland it is a pretty nice price deal. Can't wait to get it to see how it compares to my boar brushes.

Just took out my wd butterscotch 22m the standards loft (what's standard loft btw? Really beautiful, defunked and the bloom is beautiful. I think it's better than tgn silvertip grade a. Took it for a run perfect with Stirling clubman smooth and slick with the slims on 6. Nearly bbs....

So I checked out Whipped Dog online last night... What am I missing? Their Silvertips seem to be A LOT cheaper than anyone else out there... Is there some reason I should be wary?
You're not missing anything in my experience.
I have a Silvertip and it's a splendid brush.

Just took out my wd butterscotch 22m the standards loft (what's standard loft btw? Really beautiful, defunked and the bloom is beautiful. I think it's better than tgn silvertip grade a. Took it for a run perfect with Stirling clubman smooth and slick with the slims on 6. Nearly bbs....

Standard loft on that brush is about 55 mm.

I have two brushes, both 24 mm Silvertips. One is a terrible shedder—and I mean bad. It's like face lathering with a bouquet of ***** willows. Got them in a trade (with the appropriate warning).

How good are Larry's brushes? Excellent; I have a third on the way. You see, the lather they create and the price point is just ridiculous. So even if one isn't so hot, it's HOT, capiche?

Remind me to post a pic here when it arrives. They do make some wonderful latherers.

I think larry mentioned about 4 weeks but this was a couple of weeks ago when I ordered my wd. Best to ask him.

I've got a 24mm Silvertip Deep Set and I wish I had another badger to compare it too. Not as soft as my Plisson, but it was also 1/2 the price, definitely a great performer and a great deal!

fine brushes—I keep expecting mine to fall out use as I collect brushes of more expense, but it keeps not falling

My wd brush now my go to brush partly I wanted to break it in but mostly its extremely soft tips. It shed a coupks of hairs but now it looks like it stabilised.

Top Bottom