What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

I dont dare put a good razor in it though. I dont trust it not to explode.
i cant really complain. I hosed myself thinking a $6 razor was going to be anything but crap.

what a loser! :w00t:

I have no idea. Are they really knocking off $20 razors these days? Surely not.

Having said that, it didnt open and close ONCE before it fell apart. I doubt such an outstanding celebrity like rick would put his name on this excrement..... Or would he?
i got 20 dorco blades and a stand that i woulndt trust to hold a toothpick for $6. And i smile everytime i think of the razor.

i got my moneys worth :001_smile

Well that was a crappy deal, but at least you got some blades! I'd be screaming at where it came from for a refund or something maybe though?

Someone had to sit on that thing. Or use it as a hammer. Or blend it. Something. :tongue_sm

Mine is still working fine.

If you're comfortable, maybe say where you got it as a public service announcement! :thumbup1:

One of the many sellers on The asain express site. I wont make a claim but i will tell them.
Its my own fault after all, get what you pay for, free lunch etc.

A classic case of selfhosage.

I didnt make a claim, but i sent the seller a message saying this thing bites. He was really cool, he said he would resend or refund.
It remnds me a bit of amazon marketplace. Any comment made that isnt 100% positive gives the seller the bejeebers.

:thumbup1: Are you going to try again? You might have better luck getting something like a Lord L6 from Amazon. But the MTO has its own benefits like the twist to open feature ... very convenient.

ill call it a day. ive got another 6 or 7 razors on order from the same site. im confident the $0.47 (incl shipping) horsemans are better value for money. :w00t:

Had mine a bit over a week now and one of the doors popped halfway off. Got it back in place...hopefully long enough for my ATT R1 to come in. Thank god Amazon has a good return policy.

Though I've only accumulated maybe a dozen weeks or a bit better worth of mileage on mine, it still looks and functions as new. I'd reckon that for what I paid, I wouldn't even care if it broke now too. But I'm sure it will serve me a long while yet, it's pretty durable.

Well back in January, my brother started staying with us and I noticed his razor, it was the MT1 and I was... intrigued. He was using Van Der Hagen blades at the time, so I searched Van Der Hagen on Amazon and BOOM! found my first DE razor. (Thought it was the same razor, realize now that it IS, just under a different name.) Then about a month later I bought the VDH Shaving kit. Then last month I bought a Merkur 1904. And Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream. And a Parker shavette. (That's gonna take me awhile to master.) Now the RAD has taken hold of me, 'cause now I have a '56 Gillette SS Flare tip, '50 Gillette Ball End Tech , '40's Gold fat handle Tech, GEM 1912, and a '56 Gillette Ball end Tech on the way. I've also bought a '66 SS Flare Tip for my brother (Christmas present) and am trying to get a '60 Fatboy Adjustable for myself. :blush:

Top Bottom