What's new

The Order of the Fat

If Merz has it, I will be coming away with bar of da Fat bath soap. I probably won't give it a test drive until I return home...so July 3rd. No way to store it opened. I have a WCS screw-top tin with me with Mike's bath soap and shampoo. With my various ADs and lots of travel, there's almost always something waiting for me when I get home. This time I am bringing something back with me.

Haha, Pierce. I know the feeling.

I used the Mitchell's body wash and it was awesome. I am sure the bath soap is just as good if not better.

I haven't used the soap yet but when i was unpacking it from its nice wrapping and taking a good whiff of that very subtle but pleasant fragrance my hands were being moisturised at that time, I've got a real treat when it comes to lathering and shaving with it for my next shave.

Yup, da fat is a gid soap that has become my go to. Still have a couple others that I use for occasional contrast but mwf is da main one.

I'll probably pick up some of the bath soap this weekend at a local Irish Import shop that carries it. I bought their and my first puck of the shaving soap even though they charged $25 for just the puck. I'm happy I bought it, I just probably wont get it there again. However, the bath soap is priced well there so that should be fun.

I love the Fat as well. I have been eying the porcelain dish for some time, but my IKEA tub works just as well and I can drop it without breaking it.

Is the soap stuck to the bottom after some time, so you can later upside down? Is it slippery?

Moving from a small apartment to a house, I need something to brighten the bathroom, now that I have the room.

Staying with friends in Chicago. Three of friend's nephews are here...more, but all under shaving age. I gave them a DE89L and some Astras. Tomorrow I will bring back da Fat from Merz...and a starter brush. Sowing wet shaving as I travel.

Mitchells is an amazing soap. I love the smell and it makes a wonderful slick lather. Also I can add it to my yorkshire pride list right next to hendersons relish.

Just used The Fat this morning, one of only 4 soaps I own and use regularly. Great mild scent, very slick lather and a cool ceramic container.

Staying with friends in Chicago. Three of friend's nephews are here...more, but all under shaving age. I gave them a DE89L and some Astras. Tomorrow I will bring back da Fat from Merz...and a starter brush. Sowing wet shaving as I travel.

Great job Pierce! But somehow, Chadao Fatty Seed just doesn't have the same ring does it? :lol:

Gave my Dad a dish of the fat and a simpsons colonel x2 for Father's Day but the lid to fat was smashed out of the box. Emailed West Coast Shaving and they told me to have him keep it and they'd send him a new one. Double the fat.

Gave my Dad a dish of the fat and a simpsons colonel x2 for Father's Day but the lid to fat was smashed out of the box. Emailed West Coast Shaving and they told me to have him keep it and they'd send him a new one. Double the fat.

Awesome present! Awesome customer service, as always, from WCS! You are a good son.

proxy.php

Indeed, take a bow! You've done a very good deed. But be careful of emulating the fellow in the GIF. Take it from an old 'trouper' that you should never hide your face to applause. By taking a step forward with one foot, bending slightly at the waist, flexing both knees and bringing your arm across you'll be able to keep your head up and smile lovingly at your fans. Bravo! Bravo! You can even do an encore at Christmas.

Indeed, take a bow! You've done a very good deed. But be careful of emulating the fellow in the GIF. Take it from an old 'trouper' that you should never hide your face to applause. By taking a step forward with one foot, bending slightly at the waist, flexing both knees and bringing your arm across you'll be able to keep your head up and smile lovingly at your fans. Bravo! Bravo! You can even do an encore at Christmas.

Very good feedback. Thanks very much

Fell in love with the FAT the first time I tried it!

I keep mine in a vintage Old Spice mug but plan to get the ceramic bowl the next time I order. Paired with my SOC, the Fat never fails to impress!

Sadly, at Merz, they only had the ceramic bowl priced at $72! I was disappointed. They did have Kent, and I thought that was MWF in disguise, but they said not, so they got less money from me than they might have, otherwise. So my almost-nephew-san is getting a tube of Irisch Moos instead of da Fat. But the kid is of German extraction, so he shan't suffer much. I guess I need a pilgrimage to WCS its-own-self.

Top Bottom