What's new

pants with a comfort/elastic waist

Having now had haggar and dockers for a while, I like the haggar better too. Berle is in a different class (and price point) because, in addition to comfort waist, they also offer long and short rise options, so one can find a more customized fit. I really like the long rise pants because for once it feels like I can buy a pant which isn't going to fall off my backside when I bend down.

Last edited:
Aloha,

The Scottevest Hidden Cargo Pants have and elastic waistband they call the Fiesta waistband. Very comfortable. The only problem I have is that my dad taught me that if the pants has belt loops you must wear a belt. That has hampered some of my comfort with these pants in business situations. Love the many pockets (tech junkie.)

Mahalo

Aloha,

The Scottevest Hidden Cargo Pants have and elastic waistband they call the Fiesta waistband. Very comfortable. The only problem I have is that my dad taught me that if the pants has belt loops you must wear a belt. That has hampered some of my comfort with these pants in business situations. Love the many pockets (tech junkie.)

Mahalo

That looks like James Bond style clothing. :)

@anoop I highly recommend Sir Shop in Georgia. They are a Big and Tall Shop and carry the slacks you seek.

Brands-Fine quality clothing brands for men

I'm neither big nor tall -- 5'10"/165 lb. :D

The reason I look for these is because I occasionally bloat up after eating and also generally find that an expandable waist helps when sitting.

I found exactly what I want in Berle (including a higher rise which I find more comfortable). I get them from a store in NC called The Hub, Ltd. I am quite satisfied both with fit and quality.

I might give that shop a call just to see what they have.

Last edited:
I wear Haggar pants most days. It was also President Johnson's favorite pants. They sell them on Amazon, Kohls, Macy's, and in their own outlet stores.

I wear Haggar pants most days. It was also President Johnson's favorite pants. They sell them on Amazon, Kohls, Macy's, and in their own outlet stores.

Other than the brand, I can fully assure you the current lineup from haggar bears no resemblance whatsoever to the ones that were the president's favorite, not in fit and definitely not in quality!

Other than the brand, I can fully assure you the current lineup from haggar bears no resemblance whatsoever to the ones that were the president's favorite, not in fit and definitely not in quality!
They don't make a lot of things the way they used to. And Haggar has been responsible for a lot of innovations in the industry. The Haggar pants I'm wearing right now are made from recycled plastic. Not sure it's a bad thing. I wouldn't get a suit made from this but it's fine for pants.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I picked up a pair of Haggar "Cool 18" pants at Costco the other day for like $25. That's $25 Canadian, so probably $19.99 in the Excited States. I've been pretty happy so far ... very thin and (like the name says) cool for summer. At the price, worth a try.

No other thread on B&B shouts "Middle aged!" As loud as this one lol.

I find the older I get the higher my waist band creeps :wheelchair:

I picked up a pair of Haggar "Cool 18" pants at Costco the other day for like $25. That's $25 Canadian, so probably $19.99 in the Excited States. I've been pretty happy so far ... very thin and (like the name says) cool for summer. At the price, worth a try.

When I go to mall, which isn't often and is usually because of an issue with my phone or computer, I usually stop by Macy's to see what they have. I'm usually not impressed with the colors/fits/quality available. The liners especially feel really cheap. The prices for Haggars there is usually ~$30 US.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When I go to mall, which isn't often and is usually because of an issue with my phone or computer, I usually stop by Macy's to see what they have. I'm usually not impressed with the colors/fits/quality available. The liners especially feel really cheap. The prices for Haggars there is usually ~$30 US.

I normally don't buy/wear $25 pants, and I normally don't buy/wear pants with expandable waistbands. (The waistband wasn't a feature that influenced my purchase, BTW). I'd be the first to admit they are not $250 pants. But for what they are, and given Costco return policies, they may be worth a look-see.

A guy who shopped hard to find C&J suede chukkas ... deserves to look good, and I know he has the "oompf" to do some hard shopping to find good pants, which combine looks and comfort.

May I suggest you look into getting some trousers made for suspenders. I say "made for suspenders" rather than just suggesting you sew on some suspender buttons to a regular pair of pants, because trousers made for suspenders will be made with a noticeably higher waist, so that the constriction you feel around the lower abdomen when sitting in "normal" pants should be avoided.

Since the suspenders will hold the trousers up from the shoulders, rather than relying on a belt or snug fit around the hips, you can go an inch or two beyond your usual waist size without fear of the trousers falling down or noticeable gaps.
Pants waist too low ... avoid:

proxy.php

Waist too high but you get the idea how this could be "comfortable" around the middle:

proxy.php

I think Sir is getting the idea:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very interesting.Looking for trousers made for suspenders on Google doesn't reveal much. Seems to key in on suspenders, not trousers. Lots of stores sell suspenders. Pain in the arse finding the trousers, though.

Very interesting.Looking for trousers made for suspenders on Google doesn't reveal much. Seems to key in on suspenders, not trousers. Lots of stores sell suspenders. Pain in the arse finding the trousers, though.
You have to get it tailored or altered. It probably shouldn't cost much.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
LL Bean makes a great pair of shorts, and they probably offer the same feature in many of their slacks.
I believe they call it "Hidden Comfort."
Love your avatar. Mille Bornes is my favorite card game. Now if I could find one with the classic green card holder. It was much easier to get cards out of when the deck gets low.

Top Bottom