What's new

Aftershave Cocktails. What are you mixing?

After reading about it from time to time, I decided to mix a balm and aftershave together today to see the results. I used Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Proraso AS Balm (White). I combined them directly in my palm and then applied. I'm fairly impressed with the combo. Any other interesting pairings out there???

Bootlegger's Bay Rum* - Equal Parts Master BR, Pinaud VIBR, Superior 70 BR
Bootlegger's BR & Lime* - Same as above with one part Pinaud Citrus Musk (or Lime Sec, for a sweeter lime)

Floid Blue clone - Aqua Velva and 4711

The Green Freeze* - Skin Bracer and Osage Rub

Icy Velva - Aqua Velva and Osage Rub

Brain Freeze - Osage Rub mixed with 444 balm

Basically, Osage Rub mixed with anything that you want to add a menthol blast to.

I know I've made a few others, I'll have to think on it.

* Original Recipes by OkieStubble

Last edited:
Aqua velva on first and when it dries i throw on some nivea artic freeze... The two scents mix well and more importantly y skin feels great

Gabels or Stephan's Lime with Bay Rum (any sort from Ogalalla to Superior 70), or maybe with Old Spice. Combo of Master Topaz with a light touch of Clubman Special Reserve. There are others I'm sure, but those come to mind.

About 2/3 of The Veg and 1/3 Tres Flores aftershave makes a nice combo. I also like to mix Master Bay Rum, VIBR and either Pinaud Citrus Musk or Pinaud Lime Sec.

This is interesting and has got my attention. Now off to the den.

When I smelled Floid Blue for the first time, I detected notes reminiscent of Aqua Velva and 4711. I found many other had the same thoughts about it. I tried mixing the two 50/50 and it's close, but I think I need to experiment with the proportions to get the scent a little closer. It's been a while since I used it, but I'm thinking the mix needs more 4711 than AV.

When I smelled Floid Blue for the first time, I detected notes reminiscent of Aqua Velva and 4711. I found many other had the same thoughts about it. I tried mixing the two 50/50 and it's close, but I think I need to experiment with the proportions to get the scent a little closer. It's been a while since I used it, but I'm thinking the mix needs more 4711 than AV.

I tried a 1:1 mix too, and agree that more 4711 would be better. However I have no experience with Floid Blue.

About the only one I mix is Pinaud bay rum and Master bay rum.

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Anything that doesn't have menthol or menthol is not strong enough, I add 1 drop of peppermint essential oil. I usually decant the aftershave in a small tabasco bottle so that way, I won't kill the whole batch if I don't like it.

Someone suggested AV/Jeris Musk and I like it alot. I have added 4 menthol crystals to it also.
My own mix that is I think is also nice is Clubman Vanilla/Lustray Spice and 1 menthol crysal. All 50/50 ratio's

Someone suggested AV/Jeris Musk and I like it alot. I have added 4 menthol crystals to it also.
My own mix that is I think is also nice is Clubman Vanilla/Lustray Spice and 1 menthol crysal. All 50/50 ratio's
Oh yeah, I forgot about AV Musk and Jeris Musk! I think that was my suggestion a while back, too. Note to self, try Clubman Vanilla and Lustray Spice!

I threw some alcado glacial and witch hazel into my classic clubman this AM! Fabulous! I think i will term that mix "gentleman's freeze"

Top Bottom